cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator RF22K9381SG/AA issues, Ice maker again, freezer functioning correctly

Ice maker not functioning again, Repaired once. Back to the Ice dams, and melted ice.  Now the freezer is not working correctly.  FIrst, I can hear the unit running continually.  The light is not on in the Freezer but is on in the rest of the fridge.  So, for instance, on the display, the freezer shows 24 deg, and the fridge 35.  I unplugged it and waited 10 sec and plugged it back in and now the freezer showed 1 deg, fridge was the same.  From 6 months after we bought this thing, we have had nothing but issues.  Not just the items above, but the showcase door broke too.  This should not be happening on a $4200 fridge.  I have seen so many disscussions on the ice maker, I can not believe there is not a recall on it.  The rest of the issues, so dissapointed in this purchase

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator RF22K9381SG/AA issues, Ice maker again, freezer functioning correctly

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations. Would you please send a private message with the serial number so I may look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator RF22K9381SG/AA issues, Ice maker again, freezer functioning correctly

Well...  Samsung called within a week and had a repair shop come out and fix the issues.  They did stand behind thier product!!  Ice maker is making ice like a champ.  The temp was caused from a magnet in the plastic housing that goes around the hinge on the bottom left.  The cover fell off and the magnet did not make the read switch.  Everything is working great now.  I cant say enough with the response.

@user3nbAtWFMfy wrote:

Ice maker not functioning again, Repaired once. Back to the Ice dams, and melted ice.  Now the freezer is not working correctly.  FIrst, I can hear the unit running continually.  The light is not on in the Freezer but is on in the rest of the fridge.  So, for instance, on the display, the freezer shows 24 deg, and the fridge 35.  I unplugged it and waited 10 sec and plugged it back in and now the freezer showed 1 deg, fridge was the same.  From 6 months after we bought this thing, we have had nothing but issues.  Not just the items above, but the showcase door broke too.  This should not be happening on a $4200 fridge.  I have seen so many disscussions on the ice maker, I can not believe there is not a recall on it.  The rest of the issues, so dissapointed in this purchase