cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator RF261BEAEBC/AA - Icemaker Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you press the button repeatedly, does it at least respond?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermwaSZlY6po
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has done this for years....

userbTzUtiDTg7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You have my sympathy! We have had repair people out for our ice maker at least 6 times! They've replaced EVERYTHING having to do with the ice maker. It seems to be working now, after they replaced the ice maker "mother board" (no joke!). Good luck, and I hope you have an extended warranty! And if you do, I hope it's not with Sears, as these people are down right rude! They've hung up on my wife 3 times.
user7H6znevzdj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a problem with the ice maker i dont have no ice

user7H6znevzdj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the model of your fridge?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Morning. Have you had time to provide us with the information we requested yesterday? 

cpn84
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would also like the CEO's contact information!
beanteam
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i had my icemaker serviced 6 times .. and yes its on..  or i wouldnt have called a repIarman 6 times ... its junk..  it get big ice formations in it then makes a sound like a single prop airplane is flying in ur kitchen then it stops working... 6 times its done this .. the whole ice making system has been replaced i mean everything..  

Regret
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

beanteam

We bought four (4) Samsung kitchen appliances during our kitchen remodel 2.5 years ago also because of the features and good looks but WE'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH ALL FOUR appliances (fridge ice, microwave buttons don't work, dishwasher doesn't clean and the oven keeps randomly throwing errors). And I couldn't believe it but my friend was over tonight watching the Seahawks beat the Lions and he told me they had major issues with both his Samsung washer and dryer that cost him big bucks to repair. So 6 out of 6 Samsung appliances have had issues - it's crazy. Anyway...

Our RF261BEAEBC/AA fridge (same as yours) began having ice problems right away -  ice dispencing took forever and the cubes came out chunky and half crushed and super, super frosty (not good for crunching). Super lame. We called customer service and they said it was the ice bucket so they sent a replacement, but that didn't fix it. We called them again. They came out and, again, replaced the ice bucket (no charge because it was within the one-year warranty period). It continued not working but the one-year warranty period had passed and we had to decide if we'd just deal with it or pay >$100 plus parts for a service person to come out a second time and tell us the same thing. We're basically poor and so we thought we'd just deal with it. 

Fast forward 12 months and here we are with an ice maker that stopped working altogether. It died a slow death. First its ice production slowed as the ice in the bucket was more chunky and frost and nasty and the chunks were so big it couldn't dispense out the chute. Then the fridge stopped making ice altogether. Last week I opened it up and found that the area where the cooling elements go under where the ice is made was 100% filled with ice and it's not supposed to have any ice in that area - it's where air is supposed to pass through and cooled to freeze the water in the tray above it. See three of the pictures I attached. I took the ice maker assembly apart on my own, thawed things out and found what I think might be the source of the problem - there's a white rubber gasket between the ice cube tray area and the motor that's broken and there's also some plastic breaks in the motor case. Maybe the gasket tear let water drip down to the cooling element area and the cracks in the motor case resulted I tried testing the ice maker (per troubleshooting instructions) when it was frozen over and it could turn against solid ice.

Anyway, it's busted and needs to be replaced and the part is $200 plus tax and shipping. So Samsung will make more money off their poor customers who were fooled into purchasing their terrible, poorly designed and cheaply made, unreliable appliance parts. I hate this.

Oh, and one more thing. The rubber wheel came apart when I was moving it - who knows why. Wheels are supposed to role, not explode. 

If there's anybody at Samsung that reads this and wants to help fix this rediculousness, my email is ralvis twenty-two at hotmail dot com.

To beanteam, good luck with your fridge. I'll try to remember to update this thread if and when I finally get things taken care of - at least for the fridge. Half my microwave buttons still don't work but that's another issue - it's nuts.

Best, Ryan