cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator RF4289HARS - No apps work anymore!

It's really a shame that what started as a quality product has been reduced to a basic model.  Samsung, get your act together. I was an early buyer into this technology like many others, but your lack of support for your product stinks.  What is worse is the lack of response from Samsung to any of the concerns.  There are a lot of other companies out there that also want our business.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

The same thing happened to mine. I would not have spent a small fortune on this model if I knew that they would decide to just stop supporting the interface and apps. The software has not updated since 2012. The Epicurious app never worked right.  The Food manager app was just dumb.  Gmail would never connect. I feel like I have been ripped off. Besides the trim pieces breaking and the response I got was "too bad".

Highlighted
Constellation

And they are extremely dishonest, giving us the runaround and making us try to contact the app makers themselves. I have been posting on thoer Facebook page asking why the don't support the products they sell and giving all of their products a negative review stating that. It's not like they backed the item for a significant amount of time past its lifespan. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

RF28K9580SR/AA

My recipe apps have both lost touch with the Mothership.

I just got off the phone with the Family Hub CSR.  She told me the Allrecipes app and possibly the other  similar app should 'go away' on the screen, as they are no longer functional.  But, she said she was told the software team is working on an update for one or the other of them.

However, to echo the above, after V.3 there are no 'system' software updates to the tablet.  And the older Family Hub units are not compatible with Smart Home.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My apps don't work either, but worse than that is my Refrigerator keeps on resetting every 6 hours or so.  It is so annoying, Please at least give me a Frig that works! never mind having apps work!  In addition my Frig is saying my software is the latest Version 2.780 Updated Feb 10, 2020 but now when I check the wifi connection it says "Cannot find WI-FI Interface. Reboot the system and try again"  it seems that the last update totally messed things up, that it can't even find the wi-fi interface anymore and keeps resetting!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I’m in the same boat as the rest of you. I bought at AAFES for military customers and it’s been nothing but problems after the first year. Pandora is the only app that works. Ice maker doesn’t work and the frig reboots several times a day. We also have ice buildup under the bottom freezer constantly. 

I am am all in to support a class action. Just tell me where to go! Our entire kitchen is Samsung. The frig and dishwasher has been nothing but problems. Lesson learned!

Highlighted
Constellation

+1 on the class action. At the very least, they can offer a substantial discount on a new one for botching the current one. Though not very confident the new one won't run into this issue in the next year or two.

Not even an "I'm sorry we messed up" very frustrating/ irritating.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue with me - first it was the google calendar app, then slowly all other apps lost support with no software updates. This fridge has turned into a base model now. If this is how all models will be treated in the future, then i am done with Samsung. This seems to be a form of bait and switch and will be contacting the BBB on this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

So of course I came here looking for an answer.  Same problem as everybody else.  Paid a small fortune for this fridge and expected it to last a long time, 100%.  Not for it to eventually function partially.  I was going crazy.  Disconnect and reconnect to Wifi.  Unplug, wait, then plug in again.  Now I see that the problem is a lack of updating from Samsung.  

No more Samsung products for me.   I cannot review an item that is so no longer sold, nor can I review items that I have not purchased.   What I can do, however, is visit retail sites that sell Samsung refrigerators, and post questions about the product, "Has Samsung committed to updating the software and firmware for this appliance?  Because my existing Samsung refrigerator no longer has any apps and Samsung will not update the software."

I want potential customers to know what they are getting into.  

Maybe there is no work around for my appliance working as I expected it to when I bought it, but I am sure going to find some work arounds for advertising my experience with Samsung.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Same! Came here looking for answers after getting tired of seeing a none functionality screen on my refrigerator. I plan on calling them tomorrow to complain.