cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userm3nQupcm7P
Asteroid

Refrigerator RH25H5611SR/AA not cooling, warranty service issues in Los Angeles

My refrigerator, under the 5 warranty sealed system warranty, has stopped cooling and Samsung is becomingt a nightmare to deal with. I have called to have the appropriate technicians in Los Angeles (Service Quick) come to diagnose the issue.

My fridge was unplugged and had been at room temperature for about a week. This technician immediately tries to unscrew freezer panels to start using his steamer he brought with him for an 'iced over evaporator'. He decides to take 2 screws off the panel and pull at it. Then after realizing there is another screw inside a light fixture, he removes that too. Its now he says there are 2 cracks that seem to perfectly match a crease that was made if someone pulled at that panel without taking the screw out. Only he claims he did not make that.

So he plugs in the steamer to talk about trying to get the second panel open (the one under that cracked one without a light fixture) that he pulled at and could not get open, so there must be ice.

It was clear to me at this point that there was something going on other than diagnosis as he had still not plugged in the fridge at this point and still wanted to steam an emptied, room temperature fridge, that was completely cleaned and dried.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/service-quick-los-angeles
I feared most of the yelp reviewed werer true and began to tell him that a technician and come and said there was a freon leak. 
He seemed panicked and shocked, made a few calls, took his steamer and left saying "we will order parts and come back out to make the repairs". He also tell me they would be making repairs and that I do not need to call Samsung

The service ticket gets cancelled tomorrow by email. So I call Samsung and was told that Service Quick cancelled they ticket as they do not have the ability to make sealed system repairs. I have called multiple times to find out they are the ONLY service provider in the Los Angeles area and tech support keeps opening to tickets to "service dispatchers" to find a provider to service the sealed system.

It seems to me that Samsung does not have the appropriate means to offer in home services in Los Angeles and needs to make other arrangemenents for my refrigerator. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator RH25H5611SR/AA not cooling, warranty service issues in Los Angeles

You would be correct, typically Samsung must receive the No coverage in the Area documentation from our dispatch team in order to proceed with other accommodations. Mind shooting me a ticket number that I could look into for you? I might be able to help speed the process along for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userm3nQupcm7P
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator RH25H5611SR/AA not cooling, warranty service issues in Los Angeles

This is my current ticket number

It says Out of warranty, even though it was diagnosed and found to be a sealed system under warranty issue. It also is re-assigned to Service Quick, who I've been told does not do sealed system repairs. This makes no note of them already coming to diagnose it and already closing a ticket for not being able to fix it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm unable to find the service ticket number. Can you send us a private message to the link with your phone number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userm3nQupcm7P
Asteroid

Still waiting to hear from you

userm3nQupcm7P
Asteroid

I have been without a working refrigerator for 12 days now. It has been 6 days since it was diagnosed and found to be under warranty. In those  6 days I have been calling support daily to try and find a solution for the warranty cover. 
The day after diagnosis "Service Quick" cancelled the ticket which I've been told was due to Service Quick not being able to fix sealed system issues. In many of my calls it was made clear Service Quick was the only provider in the area that services sealed systems.  This was the reason they had come out to diagnose my sealed system problem, which is covered under warranty. I am in the Los Angeles area.
After I had called to ask about the cancellation, I was told that a new ticket would be opened and a service dispatcher would find another service provider. They didn't seem to care that I had already learned there are no other providers availalbe. This 2nd ticket is opened and assigned to Service Center again. I call and repeat this process again. They make a 3rd ticket reassuring me that the dispatcher would find a solution for me. And this 3rd ticket is also assigned to Service Center. I call again to finally get someone who will start a request for refund, they tell me to wait 24-48 hours. This was over 48 hours ago. I was told yesterday to call in today and they would escalate the issue if I did not receive a call today. I called again today to speak to a supervisor to learn that if I dont receive a call tomorrow. I can call back in and they will transfer my call instead of having me wait.

I have had to call every day and have been given contradicting information almost every time. I am exhuasted from dealing with all these calls and misinformation. 

How long will this refund process take? I am still stuck here with a broken refrigerator and just want to replace it as soon as I can. I would love for a moderator to give me a call on the number I have provided and let me know that I can go make another purchase.

userm3nQupcm7P
Asteroid

I have not been contacted by the Case Manager as promised. I called in and was transfered to them while the represented waited. After about 70 minutes the representative came back on the line and said he wasnt sure what was happening and why they did not pick up. He said he did not know what to tell me and could put me back in the queue but did not know if they would ever pick up.
I asked for another option and he put in through with his manager. This manager offered to open another ticket to have another service center come out. Come on! I went through this dance 3 times already. Im not going to waste another few days doing this again. He said he could put me through to the executive to hanndle this issue. I have been on hold for an hour now. 

It is becoming clear the only reasonable resolution would be to file a lawsuit against Samsung. Samsung moderators have my number that I have pm'ed them but I still have not recieved a call. If  you would like to resolve this please call me. I will be filing a complaint with BBB.org and pursuing this further.