JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Snap Rings

(Topic created: 02-08-2021 03:25 AM)
userUxOgwCjHxx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, I purchased a Samsung 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with Food Showcase (RF28R7351SR/AA) from Best Buy in September 2019. The right door is lower than the left door (see first photo). The manual says that I should be able to adjust the door height "using the provided snap rings" (see second photo). I see how the right door facade can be easily lifted and how a snap ring can be inserted. 

However, my refrigerator never came with any snap rings. I called the delivery company and they said the plastic package that contained the manual was all that was provided. There are no snap rings in that package. Did anyone else's refrigerator come with snap rings?

Thanks,

Eugene

door uneven.jpegmanual.jpeg

userIlhqzm5KAF
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You ever get yours fixed? I have the same issue and it didn’t come with any washers to adjust. Thx!

0 Likes
userIlhqzm5KAF
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The instructions that came with my fridge were incorrect. The instruction manual said to open the bottom freezer and use a screw driver on the mid hinge to adjust which is incorrect. I read about an Allen wrench method and my fridge doesn’t have that either. There are no circlips provided with my fridge. Are these just plastic clips? If so I can find them myself locally. My left side is too low to engage the track on the top.

0 Likes
userhWADb8He0c
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Model # RF27T5241SR/AA

Serial # <hidden>

Please advise how I get the snap rings.

Thank You.

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
A picture of the broken snap rings or area where it is missing would be helpful. Places that sell Samsung refrigerators, like Sears and Home Depot, usually have a parts bin or display shelf with parts that are frequently requested. I am not sure about Best Buy and Lowe's. In the case of Sears, even if they do not have the part, they have access to the manufacturer's illustrated parts database manual on their computer and they can order it for you. Of course you can do this by yourself, if you know the part number.

One more thing about refrigerator doors or even cabinets too:- if the refrigerator is not level, the doors will appear misaligned; so place a marble or small ball on top and observe that it does not accelerate in the same direction each time
0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, if your unit was purchased within 30 days and you did not receive snap rings please send me a private message with your Bill of Sale and I would be happy to have some sent to you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9fpNPt3Fkd
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

I just purchased Model RF28R7351SG refrigerator on Saturday, but there were no snap rings.  Where I can get these snap rings to adjust my door height?

0 Likes
Roger1976
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm in the same situation with my model RF27T5201SR that I just bought.  I even contacted Samsungparts.com customer service and they directed me to part DA60-00231A.  I bought 3 of them but they will not go on my door hinge.  Plus I just paid for a part that was supposed to be included with my refrigerator.  Can anyone at Samsung help us out here?

0 Likes
ReallyupsetUser
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just posted, same issue. Any chance Samsung solved this and sent you the snap rings?

0 Likes
Disappointed08
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Reaching out to anyone that can help. We bought all new appliances that were delivered in February . Purchased installation for all. Samsung outsources installation to XPO. XPO kept the refrigerator snap rings, the range filler kit, and the mounting bracket for the microwave (not a big issue since they repurposed the exiting bracket).  Keeping the extra parts was one of the many issues we've had with the installation; however, now it has become more than aggravating.  The refrigerator does not properly close; the middle piece does not close. Without the range filler kit, food can easily fall between the counter and the range.

The refrigerator snap rings and the range filler kit were to be included in our purchase. I have reached out to order support multiple times and each time I am assured that they have escalated the issue. I'm tired of calling and waiting on hold to have support say the same thing and never resolve the issue. I am at the point where I ready to return all four appliances and purchase another brand. If it's this difficult to resolve an installation issue, what will happen if I have a service issue. I've lost all confidence in Samsung.

0 Likes
cher212
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I recently purchased refrigerator model RF27T5201SR. We noticed that the doors were uneven a few weeks later. After looking it up in the manual found out that snap rings should have been included. I called Samsung yesterday and was told that since it was past 30 days of purchase ( it was day 42),  I would need to pay for the part. After over 30 minutes of speaking to the representative while he messaged his supervisor, I was told that a technician would need to come out to install. That is unacceptable since the part should have been included. I asked for the supervisor to call me back and have not yet heard back. I’m extremely disappointed in Samsung’s inability to provide the appropriate action. How can I have the the snap rings ( a part clearly stated in the manual as included)  sent to me for free so that the doors can be properly adjusted?