Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: rf18hfenbsr leaking water into crisper drawer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the following?

1. Make sure that the water filter is changed every 6 months.

2. Make sure that the "E Saver" icon is Turn Off

• When Energy Saver is on, a small amount of energy will be saved, but condensation and water leaks may form between the refrigerator doors and inside the unit. The only energy saving is from the heater in the middle hinge flap.

3. Make sure the unit is leveled

• https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/
  • A properly leveled refrigerator will have the front of the refrigerator resting on the leveling legs and with the front wheels, not in contact with the floor
  • This will prevent potential leaks issues, cooling issues, noise issues, and damages the refrigerator

4. After you performed all of the troubleshooting steps above clear the water away and check back about 2 or 3 hours later to verify if the leak returns.

If the leaking returns feel free to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Self-repairs will void your warranty and future accommodation.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

RFG298 refrigerator with water pooling under crisper

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand the unit is not under warranty, however, based on postings on this forum, internet searches and youtube videos this seems to be a historical problem with these type of Samsung refrigerators.   I believe this should be covered by the manufacturer but don't  have any hope they will do the right thing.  So, I have setup a Samsung service appointment.  Based on all the information I have gathered the prudent action would be to replace and install the new and improved heater clip to the drain, confirm the heating element is properly working, replace the heating element sensor and replace the drain tubes.  

How much should this repair cost and are the part avaialble?

Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Astronaut

French door fridge (RF26HFENDSR/AA) water leakage issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung,

My Samsung French door fridge (model RF26HFENDSR/AA) is leaking water down the back of crisper drawer and freezing along the bottom of my fridge. I'm constantly having to clean the bottom of the fridge to prevent ice build up. Is there a solution to fix this problem? I getting tired of making this a monthly ritual. Need help now!!!!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: French door fridge (RF26HFENDSR/AA) water leakage issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This sounds like you need an expert technician to look at the fridge ASAP. Any leak could mean various different things that may be going on. I suggest you contact 1800Samsung for repair and maintenance or the retailer where you purchased your Samsung refrigerator from(if you purchased insurance through them, they should be able to help). 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userYP8mf6zhil,

I did some research concerning your problem. I was able to find a similar thread from some time ago, but I'm assuming it's tied directly to what you are dealing with.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/RF263BEAESR-AA-Refrigerator-Water-Under-t...

Adding the moderator from that thread as well. @SamsungCole 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The coolant inlet and outlet refrigerant tubing connecting the compressor to the refrigerator coils freezes up due to moisture sucked in throught the refrigerator air inlet ducts. The reason the display shows 39 degrees is because the sensor is frozen in a block of ice.

I insulated the inlet and outlet refrigerant tubes including the defrost sensor and the refrigerator worked for a month then the ice build up was on the middle of the coil and just below the fan. The defrost coil does not extend up near the fan or the inlet and outlet refrigerant supply tubing so there is no way that ice buildup will ever defrost. Slowly the ice builds up and block the inlet air vents.

The portions of the coil surrounded by the defrost coil is defrosted, but near the fan and sensor, ice builds up and forms a block of ice. In addition, he plastic panel in the back of the refrig ice eventually form between the aluminum sheet and the vent holes. This is a problem of poor design. My freezer work perfectly because it is always at 0 degrees. The coils in the refrig start frosting if the doors are open. The ice up gets progressively worse over time. I think if we seal the gaskets and do not open the doors this will solve the problem. Poor design, this product should be recalled. Unless the life of a $1700 refrig is 3 years. I feel I have been ripped off.

Highlighted
Constellation

Water is leaking & pooling under the crisper drawer in my Samsung Refrigerator.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There water leaking under the vegetable drawers in my French door refrigerator.

Going thru the posts there its seems to be a common problem.  My model is RF 28HFEDBSG/AA 

serial # 0AP94BBJ500328F.    I have to towel up the water almost every day. Please help- I purchased all Samsung appliances about 3-4 years ago.  Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Water is leaking & pooling under the crisper drawer in my Samsung Refrigerator.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001852/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Fridge model RF263BEAEWW-AA gets water under crisper drawer, but evaporator is NOT icing up?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung family, so I have been dealing with the classic issue of water building up underneath the crisper drawer for the past year, after many reads and videos I have done all there is to fixed the drain and evaporator freezing over, it is fine and does not freeze over anymore, great! But there is still small amounts of water daily in the back under the crisper drawer to the left of the damper assy. I have turned off the water supply to the fridge thinking it could be a leak but I still get the water there. I just pulled off the back panel yesterday after running the fridge defrost "rd mode" for 1/2 hr and coils and fins and everywhere behind was clean as can be, no ice is building and drain is clear. I am at a loss as to what it might be, maybe the panel aluminum (which is a bit wobbly or warped at the bottom) is causing water to drain in under the panel and not the drain pan?? Or maybe the fridge is tilted back too far? Damper Assy is bad?

Here is what I have done to this fridge in the past year, would love to hear some advice.

1- Install new Y clip into drain pan off heating coil

2- Installed new defrost sensor

3- Tucked wires into proper area and installed new foam seal on panel

4- Took fridge out of Eco mode

5- Tilted fridge back off of wheels about 1/4"

6- Bent bottom row of fins as mentioned in Samsung Service Bulliten

7- Cleaned drain with trombone cleaner and checked and cleaned up duck bills and tubes

8- Replaced Ice Maker with updated one

9- Replaced Auger Motor Assy with updated one

10- Installed Y clips on freezer heater coil

11- Sealed Icemaker compartment

Ice maker is fine and works great, no more ice buildup. My next step is to buy a new back panel, maybe it is damaged from all the ice the formed all over it in the past few years? 

Any suggestions would be appriciated, like I said I am NOT getting the massive ice build up behind the panel, if I do it is very minimal. But still daily I will get a small amount, about a TBSP building up overnight. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Fridge RF20HFENBSR fills with water repeatedly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have had this fridge for almost a year, and the drawers are constantly filling with water. 4 times now we've had to take everything out of the fridge, remove the back panel and use a blowdryer to defrost the drain underneath the defroster heater. This is ridiculous. We've got all Samsung appliances and several electronics from them, and that will change going forward. All that said, does anyone have any suggestions on preventing the defroster drain from icing up? It's not installed in a weird spot or anything.