cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Leaking auto-fill water pitcher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same issue as everyone else with our auto-fill pitcher leaking.  They sent us a new one with the same exact issue because it is a design flaw in the pitcher itself.  The seam in the middle will not allow the gasket to seal and prevent it from leaking.  We are so frustrated because as trivial as it sounds this feature was one of the deciding factors on us purchasing this model because we drink a lot of water.  When are you going to address the design flaw and fix this issue?  I am tired of having to walk over to the sink to pour a glass of water.  By reading all the other posts here is the answer to your next question.  We have ALWAYS handwashed the pitcher and the model is RF28R7351SR/AA serial number <HIDDEN>

Highlighted
Constellation

Auto Fill Water Pitcher Leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it seems that there is a high claim rate for this complaint as I read the community blog here and other blogs I Google on-line.  Even replacement parts from Samsung doesn;t resolve this problem.

It is obvious that the plastic mold and the seal are not properly sealing.  Either the seal is not the right design or the plastic pitcher and/or plastic cap is not molded to the correct shape at the front rim (i.e. point of leakage).  An obvious design flaw or parts are out of tolerance.  Generally, this issue may be easily resolved by your vendor/supplier or sub-supplier.  They can revise the mold for the plastic components.

My unit is from late 2018 but I see complaints are still coming in for 2020.  Surprised there is no technical service bulletin disseminated yet from Samsung.

So what is Samsung going to do to resolve this product defect?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Auto Fill Water Pitcher Leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I asked the same thing and like typical Samsung, it goes unresolved. The customer support agents sending PM's is a nice gesture to address problems, but I wish Samsung would actually do something to fix this basic flaw for a premium product. I never even got my replacement because it was on back order and never heard from them again. Frustrating...

Constellation

Refrigerator AUTOFILL pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My husband and I purchased this refrigerator a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed last week that that pitcher is leaking. I've tried reseating the lid but nothing seems to work. 

This feature was a selling point for us because the filtered water makes our coffee taste wonderful and it's great to have it ready to use at a moment's notice.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator AUTOFILL pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my pitcher leaking.  Is there a solution to this request?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far, they just send a new one. Not really a solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have found the same thing. It leaks around the rim on the edge you pour from. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator Auto Fill water pitcher leaking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi we have model # RF28R7351DT/AA

and the front of the water pitcher leaks everytime we use it... We paid a lot of money for this fridge for this to leak, we have checked everything on it and still leaks.. How can we get a replacement, this is still under warranty