cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Water Pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They made a mistake when making these water pitchers and sold them anyway. You can see what the problem is. After a year and 2 months of this I am finally so fed up with it I looked it up to find MANY complaints about this. If you are out of warranty (like me) it will cost you over 100 dollars for this little water pitcher which will still probably leak because the pitcher is made in a different shape than the top section you insert. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Water pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

I am atill under one year warranty with my samsung refrigerator and the automatic refill pitcher leaks. I need a replacement. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator auto-fill water pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this issue. Every time I use the AutoFill Pitcher it leaks water. So frustrating! It looks as if the plastic part is bowed out. I've tried the rubber band trick but it still leaks about the same. The fridge is still under warranty and I would like a replacement pitcher. It's a feature we use every day and it's so frustrating that it leaks all over the place!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So because it seems that Samsung has no real fix for this I'll tell you how I fixed mine. I used a heat gun on the side with the just enough make the plastic  soft but not enough to melt. Once it was soft I laid it flat on my work bench until it cooled. Hasn't leaked since. You just need to be very careful NOT TO OVER HEAT it because you might make the seam seperate. If you don't have a heat gun you may be able to dip that side in boiling water for a minute or 2 to get it soft but I can't confirm that.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

31 pages seems like a running trend Samsung. We pretending like this doesnlt require a recall or free repacement (of a newly molded pitcher, since the existing piece is clearly a bad design in the first place)?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

also, marking this as "solved" is a pathetic joke.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am still under the one year warranty..... pitcher leaks enough that you dont even want to use it! Need a sponge everytime. And, it has NEVER been washed in a dishwasher. Leaked since day one!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

other than the leaky pitcher the fridge is great. How can I get a replacement pitcher?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yet another auto pitcher has started leaking. Any chance of a one piece redesign? This design is bad.