cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator auto-fill water pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I removed the rubber gasket, then stretched a rubber band around the gasket spot. One of the flat ones like you'd get off a bunch of broccoli. Then stretch the oem gasket over that. This provides just enough extra thickness for the oem gasket to make a better seal with the pitcher. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Autofill water pitcher leak

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Refrigerator model RF22R7351SR/AA

AUTO-REFILL water pitcher leaks on the front rim when pouring water into a glass. The top of the pitcher is properly attached to the container but still leaks. We bought the fridge new only a few months ago. Can I get a replacement pitcher? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator- water pitcher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Refrigerator model RF23M8070SR/AA

AUTO-REFILL water pitcher leaks on the front rim when pouring water into a glass. The top of the pitcher is properly attached to the container but still leaks. Any solutions or any way to replace the water pitcher? I purchased this refrigerator on Feb19th 2020 from Lowes. Enjoy this auto-fill feature multiple times a day but the leaking makes it a pain. I have been trying to reach customer service for days now with no solutions to my problem. This should be covered by the manufacturer warranty. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator- water pitcher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I removed the rubber gasket, then stretched a rubber band around the gasket spot. One of the flat ones like you'd get off a bunch of broccoli. Then stretch the oem gasket over that. This provides just enough extra thickness for the oem gasket to make a better seal with the pitcher. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I wanted to share my "fix" since it appears that the replacement pitchers have the same design flaw. My pitcher is about 3 weeks old and leaks as they all seem to. I came here for a replacement, but that doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

I removed the rubber gasket, then stretched a rubber band around the gasket spot. One of the flat ones like you'd get off a bunch of broccoli. Then stretch the oem gasket over that. This provides just enough extra thickness for the oem gasket to make a better seal with the pitcher. Mine no longer leaks. Easy solution! Hope this helps someone. Thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My water pitcher does the same thing. We just purchased a month ago and has leaked since we bought it. I tried to open lid and make sure seal was correct, but still leaks. Can we get a new pitcher since just purchased? I registered our new fridge when we bought it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Fridge Water Pitcher Leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased the Samsung Refrigerator model RF22R7351SR and love it, but are disappointed in the interior water pitcher. One of the key reasons we bought this model was becuase we are constantly filling out kids and our hydroflasks throughout the day. Our water pitcher has leaked when pouring it into our cups since the very beginning. I am not talking about just a couple of drips here and there, but  a small puddle is left on the counter every time we fill our cups. For the price of the refrigerator, we would hope that the water pitcher was of equal quality. Reading through these forums, it seems that it's been an issue for plenty of people. Our refrigerator is under warranty and we would like a replacement pitcher or solution. I called into the "help center" and they told me it was the connection from my refrigerator. I tried to explain over and over again, that I can see a where the lid of the water pitcher and the water pitcher itself don't fit tightly together and that is where the water leaks out of the "hole". The man at the help center told me I needed a technician to come out to fix my refrigerator which typically I would just go with even though it has nothing to do with the fridge, but during covid, I didn't feel like having a technician out was a good option when there is nothing wrong with the fridge. I am attaching photo of where you can see the water leaking out of the side of the pitcher. Again, no fault of the fridge itself, just a pitcher that's lid doesn't fit correctly. Please help me find a solution. 

Thank You

IMG_2269.jpegWater dripping circled in blueWater dripping circled in bluefront of pitcher bulges out slightly from the lid  and drips down the disconnectfront of pitcher bulges out slightly from the lid and drips down the disconnect

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fridge Water Pitcher Leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Getting a replacement water pitcher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to send a private message to a help team member in order to give them the needed information and receive my new water pitcher that would be under warranty.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do we need to start a class action petition to get them to address this.  There is no way these left the factory without them knowing they are defective.  Unless Stevie Wonder works in Qualitiy Control.