Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator auto-fill water pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Refrigerator model RF23M8070SR/AA

AUTO-REFILL water pitcher leaks on the front rim when pouring water into a glass. The top of the pitcher is properly attached to the container but still leaks. Any solutions or any way to replace the water pitcher? Enjoy this auto-fill feature multiple times a day. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator auto-fill water pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this.  You want to make sure that you're handwashing the pitcher as putting it within the dishwasher could cause damage to it which would result in the leaking that you're experiencing. 

Also, please check out the following link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001852/

If you've done all the above, the pitcher would require replacement.  If you're out of the one year's manufacterer's warranty, you may purchase a replacement pitcher here: Samsung Parts or you can call 1.800.627.4368

If you're within warranty, or still needing assistance, please utilize one of the options below: 

Message a Moderator

Message us on Facebook

Message us on Twitter

Make sure to include the following in  your message:

-Full model code

-Serial number 

-Photos of the leaking pitcher

-Link to this thread

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

349 REPLIES 349
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this issue at intermittently also. Sometimes taking the lid off and reseating it helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Attempted to reseat multiple times. Didn't work. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  I have to fill a glass over the sink due to the water leaking.  How can I get a replacement?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  The front of the pitcher doesn't seal properly and water goes all over the floor.  I've only had the fridge 8 months and it starting within just a few months. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've had our 6 weeks and it's already leaking.  I know it's under warranty, but reaching support in person takes FOREVER!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this.  You want to make sure that you're handwashing the pitcher as putting it within the dishwasher could cause damage to it which would result in the leaking that you're experiencing. 

Also, please check out the following link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001852/

If you've done all the above, the pitcher would require replacement.  If you're out of the one year's manufacterer's warranty, you may purchase a replacement pitcher here: Samsung Parts or you can call 1.800.627.4368

If you're within warranty, or still needing assistance, please utilize one of the options below: 

Message a Moderator

Message us on Facebook

Message us on Twitter

Make sure to include the following in  your message:

-Full model code

-Serial number 

-Photos of the leaking pitcher

-Link to this thread

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same issue, ordered a replacement DA97-17395A under warranty and the brand new pitcher leaks too. Is there a way to fix this?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same leaky pitcher problem as everyone else in this forum. How can I get this issue resolved?