cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator auto-fill water pitcher leaks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a new pitcher, same issue, don't waste your money!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess I'm lucky mine doesn't leak..

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I had same issue from day 1, and when it was under warranty I got samsung to send me a new pitcher. IT DID THE EXACT SAME THING. I found this thread and clearly, everyone else has troble with it too.

I am BEYOND mad, as i spent $3k on this frig SPECIFICALLY because I thought the pitcher with the fruit thing for flavored water was cool. ONLY TO HAVE IT LEAK ALL OVER MY FLOOR AND NOT BE ABLE TO USE IT. 

Once I found this thread, I started replying to people. Samsung rep reached out and asked me to send PM, which I did. Only to be routed to a new person who had this to say, "Thank you for reaching out. As your unit is out of warranty we would be unable to assist with a replacement."

This is not about a warranty on my unit, this is about a FAULTY PRODUCT that has a broken design, and markets itself a differentiating feature, I will never buy SAMSUNG again!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your fridge is no longer under warranty, so they won't send you a free replacement pitcher (like me) and don't want to spend $108 (includes the cheapest shipping) for a new one (also like me), here's an easy fix.

The problem is the rubber seal around the base of the lid. It doesn't make a tight enough seal with the pitcher body. So take it off (may need a screwdriver or something to pry it off), then put a rubber band around where the seal was. Then put the seal back on. That will make the seal protrude out a bit more. Note that before you put it back on, you may want to clean the lid and seal as mold may have grown there from the liquid that got in there from the leaking.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the fix.

FWIW, I did get a new one, and it also leaked. So the product is the problem.
Crazy that on a $3k refrig i have to think about using a rubberband to fix it for something that should've never been released to market broken.

This is my point to Samsung and what they won't acknowledge. That this frig went to market with the differentiating feature of an in-door refillable pitcher that holds fruit in a chamber, the VERY thing that made the frig unique, and they took it market with a DESIGN flaw on that feature! I mean really, they didn't test pour from the pitchers?! Or they did, saw a leak and thought, eh, who cares, the warranty is a year and after that buyers will have to be quiet?

it's not an ancillary feature, it is a unique feature, and it isn't the complicated mechanism like an ice maker or something that is broke, it's something as easy as a PITCHER SEAL. I find this crazy!

How can a technology company that can make all sorts of appliances not get a seal right?

AGAIN SAMSUNG, I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU MY MONEY AGAIN UNLESS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE MY COMPLAINT AND ACKNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE A FAULTY PART ON YOUR FRIG. THAT PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT, instead of going to PM and then telling us our warranties are expired.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't seem to affect everyone, so either it was a design flaw they corrected after an initial production run (which would mean you unfortunately got another one of those initial run items), or it was a manufacturing defect that went unnoticed. I would guess the latter. But yeah either way, the warranty shouldn't have anything to do with it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Fridge auto fill water pitcher is leaking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pitcher is leaking. How o fix it?

Highlighted
Constellation

Leaking water pitcher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Refrigerator model RF23M8070SR/AA

AUTO-REFILL water pitcher leaks on the front rim when pouring water into a glass. The top of the pitcher is properly attached to the container but still leaks. Any solutions or any way to replace the water pitcher? Enjoy this auto-fill feature multiple times a day.  This is a new product that's leaked since day one. I kept thinking maybe it was something I'm doing but it's not. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I first bought this fridge (about a year ago) the pitcher was leaking badly. Warranty replaced it but that one has leaked as well.  I chummed it up to being a design flaw. Now that we are a year into it, has there been a re-design at all? Every time I get water it drips everywhere. It's embarrassing to tell Guests to be careful when pouring water. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We recently purchased a Samsung Refrigerator and are having issues with our auto fill

water pitcher leaking. When pouring into a glass water leaks down the lip where the top attaches to the lid and water ends up on the floor. Please help. Thank you! 

kim

01C89670-FBE0-436B-98C8-1819BAA03EFA.jpeg

6B019233-9346-4174-A983-C19DA9675212.jpeg

29F5A106-FABA-416C-BF29-2E2FFCD06B60.jpeg