cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator door will not close tightly

I have a 3-door Samsung French door refridgerator with the typical ice maker problems but I also have a problem with the Right side Door-in-Door not closing. The left door pulls tight once it is closes past the detent in the hinge. I can feel the detent on the right door but it feels like there is spongy resistance to the door actually closing tightly. The right door seems to be first closing on the gasket along the right side contact area. It's like the door is too close to the frame of the fridge. I replaced the gasket with a new one and still have this problem. I checked the hinge for in/out adjustment and there is none. I'm at a loss now and I'm wondering if the hinges are were made wrong or if they are damaged somehow. 

I'm trying to get my fridge to stop dumping water on me and my floor.

Model Name: RF28HDEDBSR

Model Code: RF28HDEDBSR/AA

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator door will not close tightly

Have you noticed any damages to any of the seals around the door? Also, when you has the gasket replaced, did you have a tech complete that service or did you change it out yourself?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I replaced the seal myself. It snapps in easily and sits perfectly on the door with no gaps or bumps.

Neither seal has any defects/tears.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send a private message with the serial number from the fridge?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.