JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 04-10-2020 01:26 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
userMy80jTLJTh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Bought this refrigerator on Thanksgiving.  I got it three weeks later. It was working fine until recently. Touchscreen unresponsive. I was able to reset it back to factory but it seems that freeze and unfreeze randomly. But I think the whole panel needs to be replaced. Anyone know how to get this fixed?  Reset to factory and don't link to any Samsung services?

usera9E9mZcsGf
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same thing same model happened on my hub screen as well

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@usera9E9mZcsGf     I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userop64rKJLlo   Please send your model and serial to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userF3kBP2Pk5I
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having this same problem. The screen itself is working but we cant use it because the swipe or touch screen isn't working. We have also tried to reset it with the red switch, that did not work. Any solutions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If the touch screen is unresponsive and you have tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes as well as using the red switch to reset the screen, it will require service. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Link

0 Likes
userrgBq7KgdJn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My fridge is been doing it quiet often. I try reset the switch many time will not work. Out of the blue it will work again sometime too.  This is getting very fustrating.  The screen seem to be working but not the touch well maybe just the swipe part because it does go to sleep, touching the screen would wake it but Cant swipe to unlock.

users8NKNCfKXj
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Do you guys found a solution to this issue?  My screen is unresponsive for almost a year now.  I was hoping that there will be an update that will fix this.  I did all the suggestions here but nothing works.  My fridge is out of warranty but it's not old.  I can't believe the screen would stop working at a 3 year old fridge unless this is a poor quality screen that Samsung placed in the fridge.

Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can definitely see how your family hub touchscreen being unresponsive can be problematic. Please confirm the following:

Have you have toggled the red switch at the top of the door?

Did you also try unplugging the refrigerator for 2 minutes?

If you have performed all reset options you can reach out to our Family Hub Support line at 1-800-Samsung for additional troubleshooting steps before proceeding with service. 

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

- If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Mobius
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Has there been a solution to this issue?  The family center screen on our refridgerator is useless at this point.   We have a notification that there is an update that has been applied but the touchscreen is not allowing me to hit the accept agreement checkbox and the okay.   This has been extremely disheartening and will make me thing twice before making any future purchases of Samsung appliances.