JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 03-10-2021 10:50 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
Brentman1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, So the big problem I am having with my family hub is that the touchscreen freezes up and becomes unresponsive I tried restarting it at least 20 times Lol and that did not work and I even tried factory restarting it that also did not work at this point I do not know what to do or what can I do? Is my family hub broken? What do I do? Please help!?

0 Likes
userLIWkEx0go6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

It just happen to us this morning the screen became unresponsive. All I did was open the right fridge door and turn the red toggle swith off for 10 seconds and turn it back on. After 10 seconds it started ok and works fine. But when I tried it the first time to turn the red toggle swith off I did it quickly and it did not work. Second time I turned it off and waited for 10 seconds then it worked.

0 Likes
userHtTUAfyuGI
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Clearly, it appears Samsung has a major glitch with their touchscreen based on all the fellow customers reporting the same issue in all forums.  We spent over 3k, and just 15 months later we are dealing with the same unresponsiveness screen.  Shamefully Samsung does not cover it after 12 months.  This is fine if we broke the thing, but clearly, they have a manufacture's defect, and it seems to be a common major issue for most of us suckers who spent thousands od our dollars on their pricey product. It is pathetic of Samsung to make us the bag holder of their fault.  Hurts the brand!  Could have bought the same size fridge without all the cool tech for half the price.  SAMSUNG!!! Are you listening, do the right thing!! FIX OUR UNRESPONSIVE TOUCHSCREENS!!! 

userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We've been be begging for months. Someone is starting a class action. I'm on the list but now I can't find the post. I hope you can get on the list also! If not keep googling class actions and it will pop up eventually. 

userLIWkEx0go6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

It just happen to us this morning the screen became unresponsive. All I did was open the right fridge door and turn the red toggle swith off for 10 seconds and turn it back on. After 10 seconds it started ok and works fine. But when I tried it the first time to turn the red toggle swith off I did it quickly and it did not work. Second time I turned it off and waited for 10 seconds then it worked.

0 Likes
userQYOAo2rqBg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

My Family Hub for my fridge is completely unresponsive. I've tried every single solution like turning off the red button, unplugging, etc.

I even called to schedule an appointment for a person to come take a look at my fridge because it is out of warranty but I spent 3k on this fridge because I wanted a Family Hub that works. Otherwise, it's just a regular fridge and I can't even control how cold my compartments are either.

I set up a service date, the technician calls me the day of the appointment and says it'll cost me additional $1,000 to fix....  he said he already has the parts and knows what's wrong without coming to the first visit and I have to shell out 1k for him to come see me ..... I had to cancel the appointment. 

I was so disappointed because it took me ages to get someone and book a service appointment. My fridge's Family Hub freezes on the lockscreen, swiping unresponsive and it heats up extremely hot.

I spent so much money on this fridge expecting it to work, the warranty doesn't cover since I'm out, it costs me additional 1k to fix. I see that other people have the same unresponsive Family Hub issue 😞   

Does anyone have any other tips for me? I appreciate it.

user4Y4Gcx2X5Q
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ok I just fixed mine after MONTHS of "on again off again" - I have the family hub app and use an iphone. That's important. So get a USB mouse, can be wireless or corded. Open the compartment where the red "on/off" switch is - on the left is a USB port, connect your mouse there. The mouse should control the screen now. I clicked apps -> smart things-> clear data. This app is for samsung phones to communicate with the fridge, I use an iphone. No need for it. Once I cleared the data from that app, the touch screen worked again. Only thing I can think is that there's a miscommunication between that app and an iphone or that app is trying to do something that my phone can't do - like say, UNLOCK.

Faltik
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Funny thing is, I have a Samsung phone, but I had the exact same issue. 

The beautiful thing is, your solution above also worked for me. I was starting to get very angry with the family hub not working, but your solution above works. Thank you!

0 Likes
userarW3YByPKB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We tried your solution above & it did not work for us. However, many THANKS for your guidelinesSmiley Happy. You gave us true hope & saved us lots of money.

What worked for us:

1.) We connected a wiresless mouse to the screen port as you described above.

2.) Then we did a factory data reset. Go to Settings -> About Family Hub -> Factory Data Reset (caution: erases all data and apps from the device.)

3.) Once the reset is complete, the system will ask you to reboot (we selected "ok" with touch. YAY!.) Once it was restarted we were able to set it up without the mouse. VICTORY!Smiley Happy

Good Luck other troubled Samsung Customers! Apparently, we are alone in this.

P.S. I did not like the Samsung Agent provided solution, because what I read there is basically "you have not paid us enough money yet to own this fridge." Just a friendly reminder, if you do not take care of your loyal customers, they will not return for more & new customers will be pushed away to competitors.

usermPPh3AwHOE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The touchscreen is frozen.  I tried the red button, unplugging it and the factory reset using a mouse that I plugged into the USB port next to the red button.  The touchscreen is frozen.  The HUB works just fine with a mouse but I would like the touchscreen to work.  

0 Likes