JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 11-20-2018 05:45 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
160 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you checked for available software updates? Has there been any damage to the screen?

0 Likes
usermPPh3AwHOE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is no damage to the screen at all and we have tried everything imaginable (restarting with the red switch, unplugging the refrigerator, doing a factory reset only accessible with an external mouse). We purchased this refrigerator for the soul purpose and capability of the family hub and now to only be able to access that through a mouse is frustrating. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Could you send me a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Members_Opc25dm
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday, I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userECEp5wwZpA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! EASY SOLUTION
I had the same problem and unfortunately the warranty was over, so called today for a technician to check the touchscreen. He unmounted it and found there a wire that was unplugged, he said it happened because a someone slammed the door and the wire get loosed. He just plugged it back and worked great again. So if your freezer warranty is no longer valid, you could ask a technician to check this out without spending much money to fix it.

0 Likes
userhwDXon6JDS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I had mine serviced by an authorized Samsung repair person. often they need to replace the panel, that's if you've tried to reset it, unplugged and so on. You can also plug a wireless keyboard and mouse and use it to navigate the panel like a regular computer. it's not a total loss. it looks to me like a software issue. if it's within the warranty period, they'll take care of you. replacing the panel only takes a few screws and it's done in less than ten minutes. I hope this helps you.
0 Likes
WildWomenDo
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

MODEL NUMBER: RS22T5561SR/AA

I love this Family Hub Samsung refrigerator. The only problem is that the screen kept freezing up- couldn't swipe or anything. It was unresponsive. I did all the troubleshooting steps: the red switch in the top right, unplugged for 5 minutes...etc. Nothing worked.

So I noticed in the same location as the red switch (top right of the fridge) is a USB port. I put a wireless mouse connector in the port and started using the mouse to navigate the fridge screen. I then did a reset by going to settings, and it's been working fine. I just leave the wireless usb connector in there and if it freezes up again, simply grab the wireless mouse and reset it, or just use the mouse to navigate.

I hope this helps!!

PCIMG_2021-10-24_12-35-40.JPG

useredh0GAHc6o
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My screen is unresponsive to touch on my refrigerator. I have turned the screen off as some suggested but nothing has worked. Not sure I will continue to purchase Samsung appliances, they are expensive and stop working properly to soon after purchase. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is going to require service as the troubleshooting steps didn't work. You can use the following link to locate a service center near you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/