JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator/freezer temperature readings

(Topic created on: 10/7/20 1:27 PM)
userIxpeoXQY2x
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

When I set a temperature for either the fridge or the freezer side, how do I know when those temperatures have actually been reached in the unit?

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Could you please provide the model number for the refrigerator?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIxpeoXQY2x
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model # RF24R7201SR

I bought two third-party fridge and freezer thermometers, and they have been in the unit overnight. Here are the readings compared to the temperatures I had set:

Fridge: Set 36, reads 38

Freezer: Set -2, reads +2

Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How often are you checking the thermometers?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIxpeoXQY2x
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Checked thermometers for the first time after they had been in place overnight. Just checked them again 7 hours later:

Fridge: Set 36, reads 40

Freezer: Set -2, reads -1

But the intent of my question was really about determining interior temps WITHOUT the use of third-party thermometers. Apparently they are necessary. One would think that at this price point Samsung would have integrated well calibrated thermometers, so that the user could be assured that temperatures set were temperatures met.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Try the following:

1. Verify the seals around the door are not dirty. Dirty seals can cause gaps large enough to let in warm air, which affects cooling.
    • If the seals are dirty, clean them and allow 24 hours to regain temp.  
    • If the seals are damaged, service is required.
  2. Cut the power to the refrigerator for 5 minutes (unplug it or flip the circuit breaker), after 5 minutes, restore power to the unit and check for any error codes or blinking lights. 

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using 

the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

0 Likes