JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator ice dispenser flap opens and closes constantly

(Topic created: 07-11-2020 07:12 PM)
userqFv82xTtLg
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Similar problem to others reported here to Samsung, without solution. The flap on the fridge ice dispenser cycles open/closed endlessly. Model: RF24R720SG/AA, S/N: <hidden>. Appears to be wire harness issue? This appears to be a common, long-standing Samsung problem, but haven't found a fix online. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full email address? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

16 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried unplugging the fridge for about 5 mins then plugging it back up? Also how long has this been occurring? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqFv82xTtLg
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, powered off for 5-10 min, no change. Started off ~2 months ago with occasional single cycle (open/close) when left door was opened. Progressed to continuous cycling when left door open. Last week progressed to continuous cycling even with left door closed. While it is cycling open/closed, no water can be dispensed. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full email address? 

View solution in context

userqFv82xTtLg
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

<hidden>

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You can use this link to send me a private message:https://bit.ly/33nV7pS

0 Likes
userfTix0HDB4B
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did you solve this problem?  
My refrigerator has exactly same problem.  Power off doesn't work either.   This is ridiculous.   

0 Likes
userqFv82xTtLg
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

In my case, Samsung replaced the entire door under warranty.  Works fine now. Repairman said Samsung needed to make a design change because the original problem is widespread in these and other similar models. 

0 Likes
userfTix0HDB4B
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can't wait to have the service man here.  I have to hear that sound a fee more days!!

If he has to replace the door, I hope he can turn off that sound.  

0 Likes
userqFv82xTtLg
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You can disconnect the large white wire harness connector under the top cover. It is on the left. That removes power to everything on the left door, including the water and ice dispenser. The stepper motor will stop in mid cycle, so the flapper may be open when you disconnect. May want to reconnect until the motor closes the flapper, then quickly disconnect.