cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Refrigerator ice maker

I have a rfg237aars refrigerator. The ice maker will not eject the ice. I ran the self test with no luck. I can hear the ice maker motor run but the blades don’t eject the ice. I can see no frost. I did defrost, and the ejector on a second test was able to eject the slightly melted ice once, but then it didn't complete any additional cycles of ice making. I have no problem with the water dispenser. Thoughts? Thanks for the guidance!
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator ice maker

Try changing the refrigerator filter. Worked for me.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the reply. Even though it dispensed water without a problem changing the filter was the fix for you? That's wild! Thanks again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes changed the filter and ice machine started working again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks again for the suggestion. Unfortunately for me changing the filter didn't fix the problem.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Remove the ice maker 

Is the ice all bridge together in the ice maker ?

If that is the case , the main board needs to be replace 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes that was the case on one of the two times the test tried to eject the ice. Fingers crossed it's not the main board. I'm going to try and replace the ice maker unit first and see if I get lucky. Thanks for the reply!

Highlighted
Asteroid

An end to the thread-

we replaced the ice maker ourselves. It's an easy switch out with just one screw. YouTube had a simple video. 
The change of ice maker worked! Thankfully no board replacement required.