cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Refrigerator just repaired two weeks ago, unable to keep refrigerator cool ...THIS IS THE TENTH TIME

Refrigerator just repaired two weeks ago, unable to keep refrigerator cool ...THIS IS THE TENTH TIME I HAVE RECEIVED SERVICE, AND DMB JUST REPLACES A COMPONENT BUT IT NEVER FIXES THE PROBLEM. SAMSUNG CONTINUALLY STATES THEY WILL COMPENSATE FOR LOST FOOD, BUT WHEN I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR DIRECTION, TYESHA STATES FOOD IS NOT COVERED BECAUSE THE  COMPONENT REPLACED WAS NOT PART OF THE SEALED SYSTEM. HOWEVER, I HAVE HAD CONTINUOUS SERVICE CALLS SINCE I PURCHASED THE UNIT, AND ALTHOUGH DMB CONTINUALLY REPLACES COMPONENTS, THE PROBLEM IS NEVER FIXED AND I HAVE ZERO CONFIDENCE IT WILL EVER BE FIXED.

ON HOLD NOW FOR SINCE 1 PM...HOLD TIMES ARE FOR HOURS,  AND SAMSUNG REPS UNAVAILABLE.

HERE IS THE TRANSCRIPT FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH, WHICH WAS LIKE THE NINTH TIME I ATTEMPTED TO RECEIVE SERVICE FOR THE  SAMSUNG REFRIGERTOR WHICH HAS NEVER WORKED.

FROM TWO WEEKS AGO...

While attempting to resolve an ongoing issue in regards to my refrigerator appliance, I actually spoke with at least four different "Samsung Pros" on at least three different calls. In addition, while on lengthy telephonic holds, I also reached out to the online "Samsung Community" as well as two separate "chat" sessions on your website.

Despite the telephonic and online support, at least 75 % of the time, owing to English language deficiencies, I felt the support staff was unable to understand the basic nature of the issue, as well as follow simple dialogue and appropriately coordinate interventions of fellow Samsung representatives and service personnel.

I spent many hours on the phone, explaining the ongoing problem. I finally obtained a diagnostic service appointment by coordinating efforts of at least four Samsung representatives. After more resolution attempts by Samsung representatives, I was then able to obtain a diagnostic and parts service appointment, which apparently resulted in having my original service appointment canceled. This has led to many hours re-scheduling the new appointment because at least half a dozen Samsung representatives failed to understand the ever unfolding service accommodations. At this time, due to erroneous and conflicting information, I have email, text, chat, an telephonic confirmations for service dates 3/05, 3/06, and 3/11 from various Samsung associates. In addition, it is possible that NONE of the dates are actually accurate because I have also received concurrent messages that Samsung service representatives will contact me at some indefinite time in the future to secure a service date and time depending on my, "feasibility."

This time intensive, ineffectual, and dysfunctional process of seeking service for my appliance is typical of my experience since purchasing my refrigerator. The appliance has NEVER worked correctly, and consistently and catastrophically fails about every three months. And, just as consistently, i have been subjected to the same "run around" as I have just described. Moreover, Samsung's incomprehensibly inefficient and ineffective customer service is highly indicative of their lack of ability to provide solutions, repair or remedy, to customers experiencing defective products, and testifies to the declining design and reliability of Samsung products.

As I have explained many times, because of the inherent deficiencies in Samsung's Corporate consumer service, I have experienced considerable cost and inconvenience attempting to remedy the continual malfunctions and failures of my Samsung refrigerator.

Many hours are wasted contacting, scheduling and accommodating service personal whose best efforts only temporarily alleviate the problem. Over a half a dozen times now, I have been instructed to continually unplug my refrigerator to let the ice built up in the walls melt. I have become unusually adept at disassembling the refrigerator to facilitate this thawing process. I have also had to purchase large coolers, and costly supplies of dry ice, in an attempt to save the most expensive contents of my refrigerator and freezer. Most times, this is not adequate and the entire contents have to be thrown into the trash. Having absolutely no confidence left that this current episode could be the last failure we experience, I will follow the directives of your Samsung representative and spend the day photographing and itemizing the contents of the refrigerator and freezer in an attempt to initiate your process for compensation. I will also undoubtedly spend a considerable amount of time on the phone attempting to again confirm the service date, as taking off time from work unnecessarily is also an undesirable expense. Lastly, I will also need to purchase at least a "dormitory" size refrigerator, which may prove more reliable than our Samsung's model, because the inconvenience of not having refrigeration for again, over a week is detrimental to family members with complicated health issues.

In closing, I would like to propose the refunding, or replacing the defective Samsung refrigerator with a reliable model, as the most self-evident, cost effective and satisfactory solution for all.

Well, like many of my repair technicians expressed, persons on social media had various accounts of the same model refrigerator with the same problem, and attributed it to a design and engineering flaw. Apparently, humidity, and other normal environmental states, cause condensation, and then ice, to build up on refrigerator components such as the fan and other integral parts. So, apparently there is an evaporator and heater in the freezer, which is supposed to melt the ice and evaporate the resultant condensation. However, the evaporator seems unequal to the task, and as the heater warms the freezer and melts ice, even more condensation is produced. The refrigerator responds to this warming with over-cooling, which again results in the re-freezing of condensation/ice in the refrigerator. The cycle repeats as the evaporator and heater attempt to melt more condensation/ice, but only results in warming the refrigerator/freezer and escalates the production and re-freezing of condensation/ice on refrigerator components. This paradox continues until the entire unit is frozen solid and the refrigerator is hot...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Refrigerator just repaired two weeks ago, unable to keep refrigerator cool ...THIS IS THE TENTH

@samsungmoderator

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator just repaired two weeks ago, unable to keep refrigerator cool ...THIS IS THE TEN...

I'm sorry to hear that I understand how this can be frustrating can you send me a private message with your most recent ticket number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator just repaired two weeks ago, unable to keep refrigerator cool ...THIS IS THE TENTH

We are having the exact same problem. Still under extended warranty for another 6 months. Service man has been out couple of times and said it is a bad design and almost quoted the exact this that was said above! We have let the unit completely thaw, btw it takes almost 48 hours, and then turn back on and it cools down for a couple of months until it freezes up again. This time it only took 2 weeks and not there is a rattling sound coming from the fan. And to top it all off we stocked up on groceries thinking it was "fixed" at least for a couple of months.  But woke up this morning to spoiled milk and no ice in the refrigerator icemaker.

Have tried talking to Lowes and Samsung but just getting the run around.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I agree with your assessment. It is bad design fo EVAP and icemaker. I got cheated with constant calls over the past 2 yrs.