cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Refrigerator leaking water from the top

Samsung model rf25hmedbsr:

We noticed water leaking from the top of our refrigerator.  By top, we mean outside the cabinet, no where inside the refrigerator. We aren't sure where the backup is happening but we need help!

We are in the process of defrosting the ice maker and have already replaced the filter. 

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator leaking water from the top

How long have you had the fridge and is it leveled properly?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

We have a Samsung French door refrigerator (RF28HFEDTSR) which is also leaking water from the top, exterior, of the fridge. The fridge is level. The fridge is 1-1/2 years old. It done this about a month ago, I defrosted the fridge, and now it started leaking again. 

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

After you clean the water up, how long does it takes before the leak occurs again?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My Samsung side by side fridge is leaking water from the top

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that, have you had a c change to try the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001852/