cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8wGAFGSMbr
Asteroid

Refrigerator not making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my refrigerator 2 days ago. It was plugged in and set the freezer to 0 degrees.  32 hours later no ice has been made. Last night I set it -1 degrees and hit the reset button. Approximately 10 ours later, there's still no ice made. My water comes out fine so I'm assuming it's not the water line. Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user8wGAFGSMbr
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator not making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So....after a week of waiting for the technician to come out (and no ice) this morning ice came out. I didnt touch the refrigerator this entire week. The only thing I have done that has anything to do with water is the house sprinklers. Two of my sprinkerlers were kicked off and the pressure of the sprinklers were bad. Yesterday I fixed the sprinklers and the pressure was good. This morning there was ice! I dont know if that was the problem or not....but the technician didnt find a problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8wGAFGSMbr Sorry to hear, can I ask if the unit was installed professionally? If so, have you spoken with them to have them come evaluate the installation? Also, can you provide the model code of the fridge?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user8wGAFGSMbr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it was installed professionally. I have not called them yet, I was hoping it would be an easy fix. RF263BEAESR/AA.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I certainly understand, here are some troubleshooting steps that might help: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001027/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user8wGAFGSMbr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The freezer is working fine and the fridge is working fine. Ice is not being produced. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's a link to more specific steps regarding the Ice Maker: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/

If these steps do not help, my next recommendation would be to have a service technician out to evaluate. Samsung covers this under the limited warranty. You may also have other options through your retailer though. 

user8wGAFGSMbr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called and will be getting a technician out. I'll see if they're able to fix the issue. If they do I'll post it.

user8wGAFGSMbr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So....after a week of waiting for the technician to come out (and no ice) this morning ice came out. I didnt touch the refrigerator this entire week. The only thing I have done that has anything to do with water is the house sprinklers. Two of my sprinkerlers were kicked off and the pressure of the sprinklers were bad. Yesterday I fixed the sprinklers and the pressure was good. This morning there was ice! I dont know if that was the problem or not....but the technician didnt find a problem.