cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator not working poor customer service

I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator in December 2019. In May 2020, I began having problems with the freezer not cooling. Over the course of 6 weeks, I had 3 technicians come to my home (during a pandemic, mind you) to try to repair the freezer issue. I was told that I had to have 3 visits in order to start the process of replacing the refrigerator. The technician even called Customer Service while he was at my home to help with that request. At that time, I was told that someone would call me within 24-48 hours to start the process of replacing the unit. Later the same evening, the refrigerator stopped cooling. I called customer support AGAIN and they lead me through troubleshooting to even get the thing to turn on again. Unfortunately, it still wasn't cooling. I was frustrated with the freezer not working, but at least I could store food in the fridge part, but now I have nothing. So, I called customer service again to update them that the entire unit was not working. I was told that the claims department would call me in 3-5 business days to resolve the issue. So, it went from 24-48 hours to 3-5 business days...to even START the process of getting a working refrigerator. 

In addition, every time I called, I had to re-explain the problem. It's almost like they didn't take any notes or just weren't listening at all. I'm so frustrated with this company's customer service. In the middle of a worldwide pandemic when our homes are  supposed to be our safe place, I've had to have 3 strangers come into my home to look at this expensive lemon. And now, I have to put myself and my family at an increased risk by making multiple trips to the store (to keep small amounts of food in a cooler becauase I have no refrigerator right now) or getting take out. I'm just baffled at the lack of care, consideration and sense of urgency Samsung has shown during this process. This isn't a phone or tablet. This is an essential major appliance. 

If anyone has any recommendations/suggestions to help expedite this process, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm actually just considering purchasing another refrigerator as a back up because of the lack of confidence I have in this company right now. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator not working poor customer service

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your ticket number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator not working poor customer service

Dear @SamsungBri SamsungBri,

Hi, I hope you are well in these times of turmoil and unrest. We are all under strain and trying to do our part to end this horrible pandemic. As the gentleman describes above, he is being put into a situation that may kill one of his family. For a refrigerator. That you already know is defective. And you play coy by asking for a ticket number. Its as if you havent looked on this forum before. Do you feel comfortable asking this man to kill his family? Essentially that is what you are doing as he is going to make another trip to the store for ice, which he should not have to do, and is going to come in to contact with this virus several times. Whether he carries it home to kill his family seems to be hit or miss. But you can save Samsung some money by playing coy and acting as if this is a new problem. Will Samsung pay the funeral expenses, or even take care of your family if you die? If you get sick and cant work, will they come and care for your family? Samsung is a brand and only exists on paper. This man is a human being with other human beings he cares for. Saving your company money doesnt equal to you benefitting anything. Do they give you a bonus for prolonging warranty service replacement costs? Do you get a check for playing dumb about the same situation you have replied to countless times already? You and I both know that your department is very aware of the engineering defect of this refrigerator but still you churn out these monstrosities of subpar performance. All so you can pull an extra dollar out of some poor customers wallet. Do the dollars you get replace family members? Why would you not just tell the man that you know of the problem and that your management could care less and offer him a $50 coupon for the purchase of another Samsung product and wish him the best of luck. Instead, you are going to run him around in circles like the other customers on this site and prolong this ticket until he is out of money or warranty or both. Wells Fargo used this same tactic with home mortgages. Maybe they dropped by and gave a customer service engagement seminar? 

Sir, I sincerely hope that this brands malpractice does not harm your family. If I were the customer service rep I would acknowledge the appliances defects and start your replacement as quickly as possible to lessen the possiblility of you bringing in a virus to your home that has killed hundreds of thousands and sickened millions. Human life is too precious to risk over a few dollars. 

@SamsungBri Samsung Bri, is your family worth a bag of ice? Then do someting about it. Dont be a sheep. Quit reading the monitor in front of you and do something. And no, I wont turn my computer off, wait 20 seconds and turn it back on. (a CSR favorite tactic from the beginning of time)

Thank you for your time and I apologize for the length of this post. I have read these complaints on your refrigerator for two days now. There are sooooo many. And they are all pretty much the same. I wont even waste my time adding mine to the list. My time was better spent writing this. 

Good Luck to you sir,

Brent M.