cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator recall?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am back again. After having to unplug my refrigerator like I am back in 1970s to defrost it. It has frozen again. I am tried of having to replace food. I have a granddaughter and can't trust the milk in the refrigerator because the refrigerator doesn't cool properly once it starts to ice up. If I could afford to buy another refrigerator I would. I will never buy another and will continue to tell others not to buy. They don't even respond to this chat community which is on their site.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a Samsung RF26J7500SR refrigerator in September 2015, and it started freezing up after 2.5 years.  It now needs to be manually defrosted every 2 months. I've tried the "fixes" and none of them worked. I paid over $2,000 for this.  My brother had the same thing happen to his and replaced it.

Good news is I own a cabinet business and interact with many people regularly that are buying kitchen appliances. Due to Samsung's lack of action on this, I'll make sure to relay my experience with Samsung kitchen appliances to them. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I unfortunately own a Samsung refrigerator (Model#:RF23HCEDBSR/AA, Serial#:<HIDDEN>).  This is the french door, counter-depth style.  We have had the ice maker "freeze-up issue" since just out of warranty.  We have been manually thawing the ice maker every month for years.  We have had multiple Samsung tecnicians attempt to repair the ice maker unsuccessfully.  The ice maker assembly, and the auger motor assembly have both been replaced.  Samsumg Service Bulletin ASC20150717001 has been fully complied with.  We have reduced water pressure to nearly zero, and set the freezer temperature at 5 degrees fahrenheit.  The refrigerator has been professionally leveled.  Still, the problem persists.  The ice maker continues to freeze up, makes wet ice, and then stops making ice altogether.  The temperature in the ice compartment area is inconsistent as the circulation fan in the auger notor assembly freezes up and stops spinning.  The entire ice compartment will eventually become a solid block of ice, and removal of the ice bin becomes impossible.

We are very interested in a full refund of the original purchase price, a purchase coupon for a free new replacement refrigerator without these issues, or participation in a full recall and/or class action lawsuit.

We have not purchased any Samsung products since we began having these issuee, as this has left us untrusting of the Samsung brand and it's products.  We will continue to avoid all Samsung products until our ice maker issues are resolved one way, or another.

Do the right thing Samsung.  Your loyal customers deserve it.

Thank you.

-Mike

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had my Samsung refrigerator serviced twice through HH Gregg (13 and 14) where I purchased it for same defect everyone is experiencing.  I've done online chat, 1800Samsung, and OOP. OOP only sent me anonymous emails telling me basically tough luck. Bought in 2012 as new, found out it's an 09. Bought 5 year extended warranty, with HH Gregg closing its doors here in 14. Have been ghosted, ignored, and blocked per email from LaShauna. Have never felt so discriminated against. It's a design defect. I've lost chemo medicine,  food twice and my disability makes breaking ice away from icemaker and under deli drawer nearly impossible. Regrigetator temperatures inconsistent with set temperatures causing food spoilage and unsafe food temperatures

Looking for Samsung to accept responsibility. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, you are having the same exact problem as me. I also bought mine through HHGregg. When the repairman came out from them 2years ago, all he did was manually defrost it. During Covid 19, I can't afford to worry if the food I buy will stay good. After it iced up the first time in 2017 after having it about 2 years, I am no longer able to set the temperature. This time it iced up again after 1.5 months. I have lost so much food and can't keep milk in the refrigerator for my grand baby because it goes bad after 2 days.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have been chipping the ice out of ours since it was 13months old.  After spending that much money on a fridge and it broke 1 month out of warranty .. we refuse to give up on it.  Every month the wet dry vac comes in and we chip about 3/4 of an inch of ice out of bottom of fridge.  we have the french door model with 2 icemakers.  How was your problem solved?  Is there a recall? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the SAME problem. Tomorrow will be the third time since the COVID lockdown that I will be forced to take all of the food out of my refrigerator, open the back panel and stand there with a hair dryer until the thing is melted - then clean up the water from my hickory wood floors before they are ruined too. It is really ridiculous, expensive and very frustrating. My refrigerator is the RF23HCEDTSR/AA, Serial number <HIDDEN>. I would be very interested in knowing about recalls/class actions and what Samsung is doing to make this problem right. I will not open the back of my refrigerator every three weeks to manually defrost and save my food. I will file a complaint with the state attorney general.  Help!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the SAME issues with all the people who have posted on this thread.

I purchased my Model: RF23M8070SR in 2018 and the freezer stopped working about 6 month in. Ever since that, even if we defrost it using all the techniques people recommended, it comes clogged back up and we are so tired of trying to troubleshoot or calling the repair over and over again. I don't want to spend any more hours of my day trying to cope with it.

Now, we have to leave it alone and deal with REALLY LOUD BUZZING SOUND approx 7 sec long, every 10min throughout the day. I wish I can return or buy an another refrige but I spent quite a money on this one already... 

Is there more update on this? Please let me know what actions I can take. I'm really tired of dealing with this refrigerator. 

Hundreds of Central Florida families say they are fed up with their Samsung refrigerators and despite all the problems, there is no recall insight.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also very sorry and frustrated that I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator!!  I purchased model RF24FSEDBSR and have had defrosting issues for over 2 years. It has already cost me $500 for a repairman to tell me it is only a temporary solution as Samsung is known to have this defrosting/de-icing problems!!   Really!!  After it has been repaired?!   I have been manually defrosting the fridge each month since and have called in a second service repair scheduled for later this week.  

Has as there been a recall for this fridge?  I made a huge mistake purchasing this product as I loved the look but it isnt functional and it wasn't produced correctly by Samsung for its intended use - keeping food cold!

I am calling Samsung AGAIN on Tuesday and I am sure I will get the same run-around from their service center!  

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model and serial number and any previous tickets you may have in a private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.