JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator stops making ice until I change filter

(Topic created on: 10/8/20 7:09 AM)
Jrenfroe
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I own Model #RF25HMEDBWW/AA (French Door with snack drawer and freezer below).  After a couple of days with the filter change light on, my ice maker stops making ice.  It will resume making ice only after I change the filter.  Does this happen to anyone else with this model?

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The water filter does play a significant role in the ice maker. After 6 months, the icon will turn red when you need to replace it. Once it's red, change it right away so you can have high-quality water. This happens with all Samsung models so that the filter does not get clogged up.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jrenfroe
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So you are confirming that the fridge stops making ice when the filter light goes red, correct?

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, that could be one of the reasons that it would stop making ice.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
Jrenfroe
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you so much!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You're welcome !!

0 Likes
user72qBYe3FpT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So I also have just replaced the filter, and hit the reset button on the ice maker. I have also run the refrigerator with the ice maker icon "off" and not illumninated (which I am believing is "on") and have not seen any ice made. 

Were you able to just reset the ice maker with the under unit button and have it produce ice with in 24 hours? Am I still facing an issue?

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If the ice maker is still not making ice after you have tried all the recommendations in this thread above service is required. 

Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

0 Likes