cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Refrigerator

I have a 5 year old refrigerator that has been nothing but trouble. The first year the ice maker started freezing over and it shook with a horrible noise. I had Samsung come out, but they have no record of that. The ice maker worked for about 3 months after that. Since then it's been on and off working since. We had to defrost at least once a week and eventually it just stopped working.

We also had problems with the filter. It would slow down the water and eventually it was just a trickle. We tried new Samsung filters but no luck. We just took it out and use it without a filter.

The temperature appears off too. Milk goes bad frequently and the freeze has frost in it randomly.

Ive contacted Samsung multiple times over the past 4 years and I've been given suggestions but nothing ever works.

i thought I got a lemon until I started to read other stories of people with similar issues. 

we purchased all Samsung appliances when

we moved in to our new house in 2015. Now all that's left is the fridge and washing machine. 

it's frustrating how Samsung went from our preferred brand to one I can't trust. Any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I also have a samsung refrigerator French doors. I've had it only since February 2020. My main problem is the ice maker leaks water constantly. We've had a service man out to look at it. He changed out the motor. Now it leaks worst. Service man came back out. Said he needed to change out the whole ice maker system, including the motor again. Why did Samsung make a refrigerator with faulty ice makers.

Highlighted
Constellation

I purchased a RF28HFEDTSR/AA refrigerator 5 years ago from Lowes,  serial #<hidden>

Fortunately, I purchased the 5-year extended warranty because we not only have had numerous problems with the infamous icemaker, but the refrigerator stopped cooling on 3 occassions. It is currently 60 degrees and the repairman cannot come for 10 days.  

I hope this is a lemon and not everyone has had this kind of continuous problems. Does anyone have any experience on getting a replacement or at least a discount on a replacement?

Asteroid

I think everyone has these problems. I talked a coworker into buying the same fridge and washer/dryer and he has the same issues. He purchased the 5 year warranty too and had 2 of the 3 replaced already 

it's a defect for sure, but Samsung won't do anything