Original topic:

Removing right side of split shelf in refrigerator model RT27T5201SG

(Topic created: 04-17-2021 06:46 AM)
usersslNZBZMq6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I want to remove the right side of the split middle refrigerator shelf to allow taller items to be stored on that side.  The two halves of the shelf appear to be connected, but I don't see any way to separate them.  The manual talks about the back part of the shelf, and points to what appears to be the connection point between the two shelf sides, but doesn't say anything about how to separate the shelves.  The connection point does not appear to be a screw of any kind, and I don't want to put too much force on the glass shelves.    Help appreciated!

0 Likes
3 Replies
pat5845
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
It looks a lot like my GE French Door fridge. The supports have slots, and the shelves have hooks at the back that fit in the slots. Lift up the front and then you should be able to pull the shelf toward you. They always make it sound so easy, but you may need to wriggle the shelf a little until the hooks come free.
samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00063107/

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
usersslNZBZMq6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

shelf removal instructions.JPGAppreciate the response, but it's something else.  The User Guide manual (page 46, above) shows a "connection" between the two halves of the middle shelf, with an arrow pointing to the little connection, but no explanation of what to do to separate the two halves!!   Like Astronaut, I don't want to put too much force on the glass shelf, but whatever that little "thing" is holding the left and right together, it doesn't want to let go.  It is not a screw, and appears to be riveted in place.   The right side of the right half will lift up, but the hooks at the back don't budge, and then there is the little mystery "thing".   Until my wife can have room for a tall iced-tea pitcher in there, this will not go away!

0 Likes
usersslNZBZMq6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ditto Astronaut.  The User Guide manual (page 46, above) shows a "connection" between the two halves of the middle shelf, with an arrow pointing to the little connection, but no explanation of what to do to separate the two halves!! Like Astronaut, I don't want to put too much force on the glass shelf, but whatever that little "thing" is holding the left and right together, it doesn't want to let go. It is not a screw, and appears to be riveted in place. The right side of the right half will lift up, but the hooks at the back don't budge, and then there is the little mystery "thing". Until my wife can have room for a tall iced-tea pitcher in there, this will not go away!shelf removal instructions.JPG

0 Likes