Original topic:

Ring Doorbell Pro + Fridge Family hub Ring app = mechanical chime doesn’t ring

(Topic created on: 1/19/21 5:18 PM)
marcomu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

I’ve bought a Samsung fridge with Family Hub, which comes with a pre-installed Ring app.
I was excited to have the Ring Doorbell notifications showing on my fridge screen, which is one of the reasons why I’ve chosen this fridge.

Unfortunately, after logging in into the Family Hub’s ring app, I’ve noticed that my mechanical chime doesn’t ring anymore.

After several testing I think I’ve understood why.
I believe it's because the Family Hub's Ring app automatically (and immediately) activates the video from the doorbell after ringing (which also causes the ring events always being logged as “answered”), therefore preventing the mechanical chime to ring.

Currently I can’t use the Samsung Family Hub’s Ring app because of this issue: having the mechanical (loud) chime ringing is very important for me.
And this is super disappointing for me because I was really looking forward for this integration, also one of the reasons why I’ve chosen this specific fridge.

Can you please fix this issue?
My suggestion for fixing this would be to allow in the Family Hub’s Ring app to enable or disable auto-answering the event, so I can avoid having all the events automatically answered + I will finally have the mechanical chime ringing as expected!

Thanks,
Marco

0 Likes
9 Replies
marcomu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can anyone look into this please?

0 Likes
marcomu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can anyone look into this please?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you tried reinstalling the Ring app? There was an update from them last week to address some compatibility bugs.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
marcomu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, I already have and tried the latest version.

The problem with this app it's the way it's designed to work: it "answers" the ring event automatically, and this prevents the Ring Doorbell Pro to ring the mechanicall doorbell.

What I'm asking is to revise this design, and let users to manually answer the ring event instead. Or at least, provide an option to choose the desired behavior.

Is there a way to open a ticker to the Ring app engineering team for this?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can send this to my engineers to pass along to the Ring support team. You may want to contact Ring support as well, as it is their app that you are using. There may be an existing setting or patch in their system that we are unaware of.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
marcomu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks.
Is there a way I can track this request going forward?

I've already contacted Ring, and they responded that they own only the API integration used by this app, so this change should be done by Samsung.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I do not have a way to provide tracking for something like this, but I can send it up. To do so, I will need for you to send the following information to this PM Link.

Refrigerator Model Number:

Family Hub Version Number:

Ring App Version:

0 Likes
userJP43se8i7i
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Having the same issue, did you find any fix other than not using the app on the fridge. It does not even notify on my phone.
0 Likes
ringfamilyhub
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This requirement is currently not supported by Family Hub.

An app/API/ring device update may be required to fix this issue.

I haven't tried this myself, but please ensure chime settings are enabled in the Ring mobile app (under "Doorbell Kit Settings")

0 Likes