cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Ring app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can't get live view to work on our new Family Hub. The account is linked, we've done a factory reset, we've updated the app etc. we can see the event history and play historical videos but when we press live view it says "the ringing device doesn't support this request". We have a Ring 2 doorbell. Bixby also says the front door is disconnected.

Constellation

Re: Ring app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue, seems like multiple

users that have updated their software and app are facing the same issue

Astronaut

Re: Ring app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can see history too and play recoded videos from it, but there is no option for live view or auto pop-up when someone rings does not work.  it used to work the first time but not anymore.

did you find any solution to your issue?

Asteroid

Family Hub Screen doesn’t pull up live view from Ring doorbell automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

**Samsung Admins moved my original post to thread which has been marked as solved without any real solution and conflicting information. So posting this again**

Hi All,

Live view was working fine on my family hub but then all of a sudden it stopped. Tried all the basic troubleshooting steps discussed in the Family Hub blog, but no luck. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Error " Video Streaming not available due to the network issue". 

If someone rings the doorbell, the family hub screen automatically DOES NOT pull up the video like it used to.  

Halo

Re: Family Hub Screen doesn’t pull up live view from Ring doorbell automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One by one my cameras are doing the same. This is nonsense every time they update this piece of junk fails to work!

Asteroid

Re: Family Hub Screen doesn’t pull up live view from Ring doorbell automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And they keep moving my posts to this thread so that it shows up as 'solved' discussion! A $3000 appliance and they don't even have the decency and ethics to admit it's their issue and they will fix it. They keep passing it onto Ring/Amazon who's customer care is also world class like here. And their is zero evidence to support the fact that it's a Ring doorbell problem as it works on my phone, echo show etc, just not on the family hub. 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WHO THE [edit] MARKED MY POST AS SOLVED. THIS IS LIKE THE 4TH TIME ... LISTEN, IT IS NOT SOLVED, THE PROBLEM STILL THERE

Halo

Re: Ring live view stopped working with latest Samsung update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have similar issue doorbell alert comes up but just spins. Also one camera refuses to load say streaming issue.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issue "video streaming unavailable due to network problem". Waiting for samsung smart things support to get back to me after calling them. Samsung customer support emailed me to call SmartThings support:
"We would like to inform you that we have a dedicated team to assist on Smart Things, please contact smart things support at 1 800-726-7864, and select option #5. Hours of operation: Mon-Fri: 9 AM-6 PM (EST)
If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Live Chat or Email support by visiting the below Samsung Canada Support site:
https://samsung.com/ca/support
Thank you for your cooperation.
Kind Regards,
Annie
Samsung Customer Care"

I also called ring support at 1 (855) 300-7289 and was told samsung has to fix this. 

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now one by one my cameras are failing to load this is so frustrating we pay thousands to have nothing but issues on this hub.