JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ring live view stopped working with latest Samsung update

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 7:54 AM)
usernI5qOXiG8g
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Since installing the latest Samsung Hub update, I am no longer able to access live view on my ring doorbell. I can access the live view from all other cameras and the app on my mobile device is working perfectly. I've logged out of the app, reset the lcd screen and deleted the app storage caches. I keep getting a message about a network error but I know that the network is working just fine. Prior to this update I had no problems viewing live video from the refrigerator and anytime someone rang the bell the video would automatically pop up on the screen. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

165 Replies
espo1
Halo
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can someone help this ring issue is continuing to be a disaster. I have been on chat over and over with no solution.

0 Likes
espo1
Halo
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Why is Samsung not addressing this issue!!!

0 Likes
JoseDB
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm also finding this.

What's interesting is it will work for a while, then stop responding completely (live view does nothing, event history is empty).

Rebooting the fridge does then restore functionality (for a while).

So I'm thinking it's not a token refresh issue, just the widget/app seems to get stuck somehow.

0 Likes
CSantulli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After reading that for some the issue has been solved, I restarted the LCD panel. After that it worked once, but after that it got worse. Now, none of the other cams work (they always did) and history is empty. Just for the heck of it, I deleted cache, signed off and on again, but no change. So, definitely not a fix. Little disappointed that it takes this long...

userHDeEQk9GPR
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Confirming the latest update fixed my issue of no camera or doorbell notification. I checked the ring app version and confirmed it was the latest. I cleared data, and restarted the fridge. I then logged into ring and authorized. Tested the doorbell and works! Finally. This feature was literally the only reason I bought a smart fridge.

Edit: nevermind....in my excitement for being able to use one of the few useful features of a smart fridge I didn't retest. As others have said, after a few minutes viewing cams and the doorbell feature stops working and shows a "the ringing device doesn't support this request" very frustrating. 

usersovQZAp7wy
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yes, you are correct that it starts working after rebooting smart hub. I was leaning towards token refresh issues which might still be an issues if it failes to refresh token and the fact that it does refresh after reboot. However, it could also be just bad error handling and sometimes fails like establishing network connection and there is a catch all that gets app stuck until reboot.
0 Likes
ringfamilyhub
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I shared a few private messages. Kindly respond to it.

0 Likes
usersovQZAp7wy
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Thank you. I have added shared user.
0 Likes
espo1
Halo
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Now it constantly says Ring doesn't support this request after waiting weeks for a fix and it still doesn't work. Can they get anything right now you have to reset the fridge at least several times a day if you want to use the camera I am so beyond annoyed!!!

userMH4oI3wUis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm experiencing the same issue. Latest software everywhere.

After Smarthub power cycle Ring works for one doorbell press and live view and after that it does not pick up anymore. All Ring mobile apps are working 100%.

This is annoying.