cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

SAMSUNG OVEN RANGE OVERHEATING FIRE HAZARD

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oven either (1) does not heat to set temperature, (2) heats to set temperature and then heat drops to barely warm, or (3) overheats to the point that the oven door is locked with a 'too hot' error message and will not turn off/cool down unless we turn the power off at the electrical panel. The entire outside of the oven - door handle, control panel, etc., becomes too hot to touch. It also appears that the broiler comes on during the Bake Only setting because once the oven cooled down after the power was cut, there was still an extreme amount of heat coming from the top element. Almost ordered a replacement with Thanksgiving so close until I started researching and found this was not a fluke but a real issue other people are having. Apparently there is a class action investigation I came across in trying to find a solution - follwing up with them may be my only option as Samsung service offers no help. We purchased this range from Lowes in 2017. Manufacture date was October 2016 for this glass top electric slide in range Model # NE58F9500SS.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SAMSUNG OVEN RANGE OVERHEATING FIRE HAZARD

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried to look for class action suit cause this is not normal they won't help they want you to keep having somebody come out tell you the same problem then you can buy any replacement part cause they stop making it 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My NE59M6850 oven has a similar issue.  This has happened twice in the last 3 weeks.  Both times it released toxic fumes like it was in self cleaning mode.  It shut off and gave a C-21 code indicating the internal temp was abnormally high last night when it ws set to preheat to 350 F.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userEipBvoRZYx    I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeap we are having same issue with ou Samsumg slide in range. I tried contacting Samsung but of course they do not stand behine their products. I had their recalled due to safety issue washer a cpole years ago. It was the worlds larges washer, spent a fortune buying it and they had to recall, we were only reimbused 400 bucks when we originally paid $1500 for washer. Then they offered an extra 100 if we replaced it with a Samsung product, Um No thanks....Now here we go again with their kitchen appliance....Just had to go buy a new range yesterday. Will NEVER EVER own another Samsung made appliance again...EVER....I did join the class action suit against them as they need to be forced to take some responsiblity for their defective products.