cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMPtM9igxqs
Asteroid

SAMSUNG Rfg 237, cool for three days then not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a french door samsung RFG237.  The freezer and fridge will work fine for three days or so then it will quit cooling.  I do a reset, again cool for three days then quit cooling.  I checked the PCB Board, Red LED Light is solid, compressor is warm and I can feel it vibrate, Compressor fan working, Used Air Compressor cleaned out the coils for the compressor, Checked the Evaporator Fan, (put a blue mark on the fan blade) closed the door the blades are spining, did  a self check no faults listed (Solid 88 ) on self test, I'm stumped.   Seems no one wants to mess with the SAMSUNG Fridges!  Someone please tell me what is going on? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userMPtM9igxqs
Asteroid

Re: SAMSUNG Rfg 237, cool for three days then not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To all other fustrated Samsung Fridge owners with this problem, I isolated the problem to the PCB/Inverter Board (I beleive). It has now been over 72 hours and it has not failed or defrosted.  Temps are holding in freezer and Fridge! There are plenty of Youtube Videos out there on how to to check the compressor and other fridge componets.   The PCB Inverter Cards are becomming hard to find.   Yes, this is a do it yourself type job with no skills required other then operating a screw driver, removing the panel, removing the wiring harness connectors, pull out the card and replace, obvioulsly make sure you unplug the fridge. Do not touch the components on the card with your hands. I'm glad I did not call a high priced tech in who probabaly would not know how to fix it and automatically go with the compressor is out and $120.00 dollar service charge for nothing. I hope this helps some of you out there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
user1rjP6TsLAu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have similar issues. Mine will work fine and then one day everything in the fridge  is frozen. I'll check in a few days later and everything in the freezer is thawed out and the fridge  is fine, next thing I know everything in the freezer frozen again and it all looks good until the next time I check it and one or the other will be not be working correctly.. I've had this model six years and I put it in the garage two years ago because  it wasn't working correctly all the time.  I got tired of losing food. It stopped working correctly at four years old and I've lost food so many times, I can't rely on it to work even as a garage refrigerator so what a waste of money never again will I buy a Samsung product! I can't even find a local repair service that wants to work on it they're such a piece of junk! $3000.00 down the drain! 

userMPtM9igxqs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your fustration, whats crazy, there are no fault codes when it fails, it does not do anything unusual, I"m not bothered by the fact it is broke, I'm bothered by the fact Samsung has no solution, I'm at the point where I don't mind fixing it, I just need to know what to fix!!! I worked on Army Aircraft as an Electrician for twenty-years, so it not very complicated, just tell me what to replace or fix!!!!!!!

userMPtM9igxqs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To all other fustrated Samsung Fridge owners with this problem, I isolated the problem to the PCB/Inverter Board (I beleive). It has now been over 72 hours and it has not failed or defrosted.  Temps are holding in freezer and Fridge! There are plenty of Youtube Videos out there on how to to check the compressor and other fridge componets.   The PCB Inverter Cards are becomming hard to find.   Yes, this is a do it yourself type job with no skills required other then operating a screw driver, removing the panel, removing the wiring harness connectors, pull out the card and replace, obvioulsly make sure you unplug the fridge. Do not touch the components on the card with your hands. I'm glad I did not call a high priced tech in who probabaly would not know how to fix it and automatically go with the compressor is out and $120.00 dollar service charge for nothing. I hope this helps some of you out there.

View solution in original post