cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

SS AutoFill Pitcher: FIX 4 SS REFRIDGERATOR w/leaking AutoFill Pitcher.

My fix: I went to Staples and bought a bag of rubber bands various sizes and thicknesses. Find one that is just about the same width as the white seal that came with the AutoFill Pitcher. Once the rubber band is in place, seat the white seal by stretching it over the rubber band. Take your Time DO NOT RUSH. It took me about 2 minutes to stretch the white seal over that rubber band. I started at the FRONT END where the spout is located. THAT WAS THE EASY PART. I slowly pushed down on the top and it started to slip into place. When I got to the rear it was very very tight. I pushed down firmly but gently. Once the end started to ease into place I just tapped it until it was fully seated. 10 emptied cycles NO LEAK!! I hope this works 4 U. [edit] Let Me Know

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: SS AutoFill Pitcher: FIX 4 SS REFRIDGERATOR w/leaking AutoFill Pitcher.

I'm not going to Staples to find a magic rubber band.

This is a $3000 refrigerator with an inherent design flaw that Samusug needs to fix ASAP.  My pitcher was replaced 5 times about a year ago (a total of 6 pitchers) and EVERY single one leaked as witnessed by the technician.

How difficult could it possibly be to design and manufacture a new container & lid that actually seals in water?