cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercDdcr2RWLc
Constellation

Sales tax charged incorrectly

I've been trying to get a refund of the sales tax that I was incorrectly charged but your customer service that I"ve been emailing just keeps sending me the same canned statements and they are no help.  I've called to talk to the appliance department, but they are useless too.  They said that corporate has decided that the sale and installation of a dishwasher is taxable, but it's not and they are not willing to provide a refund.  Here is the proof that it is not taxable: (Link Removed due to violation of Community Guidelines.) 

I would like a refund of the sales tax that I was charged in error.

8 REPLIES 8
usercDdcr2RWLc
Constellation

Re: Sales tax charged incorrectly

Is anybody going to help with this or are you more concerned with removing links rather than helping customers?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@usercDdcr2RWLc 

That stinks. Where I live, non-food goods and services are taxable, I wish I lived where you do! But I don't think the community forum can help you with getting a refund... It's a place for technical support, and general inquiries. I'm sorry that happened to you, did you buy directly from Samsung site? 

usercDdcr2RWLc
Constellation

I'm in Wisconsin and in Wisconsin, services to real property are not taxable.  A seller who sells and installs a built-in dishwasher (what I purchased) is making an improvement to real property and that's not taxable to the customer.  Samsung, instead, would owe tax on their purchase of the materials/dishwasher instead. 

You'd think Samsung would have a better accounting/tax team since they are such a large company.  

And yes, I bought it from Samsung's site.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@usercDdcr2RWLc 

So when you ordered the dishwasher on the Samsung site, and you came to the summary page with all the charges and fees, before finalizing payment, it didn't show the sales tax on there? They just charged you extra after the fact?? 

usercDdcr2RWLc
Constellation

No - the sales tax was on there but there was nothing I could do at the time of checkout to get it removed.  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@usercDdcr2RWLc 

I wish I had an answer for you. They give you the summary page before finalizing payment so you can make sure everything is correct before proceeding. So in processing payment, you agreed it was correct. Not saying that you shouldn't get your money back for the tax, but just saying you had the chance to cancel the order and call the sales line to order and make sure to explain about the tax, directly to someone and had that settled. You probably got a confirmation email for your order, there should be a link for support or something. I would call the sales department again, I know you called the appliances department, but I would just keep calling. Ask to speak to a supervisor, explain your situation. The regular customer care associates probably can't do the refund for this but a supervisor should be able to. Hope this gets settled for you. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Unfortunately the mods here can't help, you will need to speak with the eCommerce team as they are the only team that handles online orders and sales. They can be reached by phone at 855-726-8721 or you can use this link to email them: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact-customer-services/

I could be totally wrong, but I don't think a dishwasher or any other appliances count as real property though. So you might be out of luck, eCommerce would be the ones to know for sure. I am sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usercDdcr2RWLc
Constellation

You are wrong, but thanks for providing your input.  See sec. Tax 11.68(6)(b), Wis. Adm. Code.