cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userD3mhfU4uEO
Astronaut

Samsung Appliance rebate program - still no rebate or help

In October I purchased 4 kitchen appliances. A refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and stove.  This was for the fall 10% Visa card rebate program.  My submission was approved on November 6.  Yet to date I still have not received my rebate.  I contacted support via chat and was told:

Vimalesh K:

However, let me take care of the issue. I'll escalate this issue to our Samsung TIER 3 escalation group team.

I recieved an email response the following day from Tier III.  They said:

We are still working on sending the POWERbots, please allow up to 12 weeks for the POWERbot to be delivered. You will receive an email with the tracking number once it ships.  We apologize for the delay. 

That certainly says they never een looked at it.  They provided a canned response without understanding that I'm waiting on a VISA card rebate.  I had purchased my appliances not from the big box chains, but a local company Orville's Appliances.  I've met all of the requirements for the rebate.  There should be no reason for any delay.   

I sincerely don't beleive that Samsung intends to pay these rebates.  Without a satisfactory response from someone that knows what they are talking about, I intend to complain to the store I bought the appliances from, and pursue additional actions to ensure that no one else is affected by this.

1 REPLY 1
PowayBob
Constellation

Re: Samsung Appliance rebate program - still no rebate or help

File a complaint with your states Attorney General, and an additional complaint with the FTC. The FTC recently fined a couple large firms several million dollars for playing games with rebates for consumers. Looks like it may be Samsung's turn in the barrel.