cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userD3mhfU4uEO
Astronaut

Samsung Appliance rebate program - still no rebate or help

In October I purchased 4 kitchen appliances. A refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and stove.  This was for the fall 10% Visa card rebate program.  My submission was approved on November 6.  Yet to date I still have not received my rebate.  I contacted support via chat and was told:

Vimalesh K:

However, let me take care of the issue. I'll escalate this issue to our Samsung TIER 3 escalation group team.

I recieved an email response the following day from Tier III.  They said:

We are still working on sending the POWERbots, please allow up to 12 weeks for the POWERbot to be delivered. You will receive an email with the tracking number once it ships.  We apologize for the delay. 

That certainly says they never een looked at it.  They provided a canned response without understanding that I'm waiting on a VISA card rebate.  I had purchased my appliances not from the big box chains, but a local company Orville's Appliances.  I've met all of the requirements for the rebate.  There should be no reason for any delay.   

I sincerely don't beleive that Samsung intends to pay these rebates.  Without a satisfactory response from someone that knows what they are talking about, I intend to complain to the store I bought the appliances from, and pursue additional actions to ensure that no one else is affected by this.

15 REPLIES 15
PowayBob
Constellation

Re: Samsung Appliance rebate program - still no rebate or help

File a complaint with your states Attorney General, and an additional complaint with the FTC. The FTC recently fined a couple large firms several million dollars for playing games with rebates for consumers. Looks like it may be Samsung's turn in the barrel.
Highlighted
userueiE1Msem6
Asteroid

Did you ever get your rebate?

I just 8 weeks ago bought the same type package and had the same promise. I have been fighting for over 8 weeks just to file for the rebate and get told the same over and over again. It's unreal how they treat you. to have such a good product and yet treat customers, loyal ones so bad. And to make it worse I always get sent to a phone factory in the Philippines! Which never understands what I am saying or wanting.

userzX2WWD7XJa
Constellation

I filed my rebate and was approved on Feb 7th and i have the same story and have yet to receive my rebate. It has become frighteningly clear that Samsung has no intention on following through on their promotion. Just wanted to hear if you ever did get your rebate? 

userT4W5G0NLRN
Constellation

I am in the same boat....rebate approved on 2/6 and have not received anything and get canned responses when I ask when is it coming
useraHxiMS5TBs
Asteroid

I am in the same boat as well.  Bought the Samsung Flexwasher and Dryer my rebate for $200 was approved January 14, 2019 and still no rebate.  I’ve called every week for the last 6 weeks and get the same BS RESPONSE.  “We are working on it and it is at our highest level Tier lll and they will get back to you and let you know within 48 hours when you can expect your gift card”.  I’ve also gotten please give us one more chance I promise I will personally get back with you and personally follow through and personally call you back”, ya ok I’ll be dead by then.  Even had a “Ten year veteran supervisor tell me to let him work his magic and he’d call me back on the June 10, yep you guessed it still waiting like all of you.  

My GF is an attorney in Lansing at the senate house and I’m contacting her as to what action can be taken.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I have responded to your private message.  Lets try to keep this to a single thread.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useraHxiMS5TBs
Asteroid

Forums are to let others know about your issues too maybe if you did something about the issues people wouldn’t reply negatively but all you people want to do is private message people so others don’t know the truth.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We request a private message in order to avoid having you post personal information in a public thread.  We would be happy to assist, but we need additional information from you.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useraHxiMS5TBs
Asteroid

Ok then let’s see how many lies I get again.  And poor customer service.