cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8KgorIRNM5
Constellation

Samsung Chef cooktop knobs break/crack due to bad design and quality. Expect runaround from Samsung.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung cooktop model 

NA36M9750TS. The knobs started breaking on it starting few months of purchase.

Samsung sent me 2 replacement knobs the first time. Now it is about 1.5 years old cooktop and all knobs cracked one by one. I called Assurant with whom i had purchased extended warranty when i bought the stove from Nebraska furniture mart.

Assurant tells me that the knobs are cosmetic and they wont cover it,  and asked me to call Samsung. Now when i call  Samsung they give me the speal about out of warranty as many here commented.

Technically, this is a design defect and given the many users  who have complained  about the same same defect (in this forum and other forums and the many youtube videos showing hacks to fix broken samsung knobs), the right thing Samsung must be doing is to accept their fault  and fix the issue. And this is not a cheap cooktop which sells fot $1600 and is their top of the line model.

I dont expect any recourse from samsung anymore given the clear scripted responses their offshore custome service folks have been given in response to this defect (and perhaps other defects that Smsung does not own up to).

There is another common isssue i have started seeing where one of the knobs got stuck and does not turn at all. The way the knobs are designed and placed, they collect a lot of grease easily and wrecks havoc with the underlaying valve, jamming it over time, perhaps due to corrosion. Again this is another common issue reported across the internet.

Merely raising awareness here so future buyers make informed decisions when choosing samsung appliances (stovetops specifically). Personally i am quite dissappointed, not just by their flawed design on a critical component, but more so on their ethics of not owning up to it.

samsung sure knows how to press the wrong knobs of their customers. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Chef cooktop knobs break/crack due to bad design and quality. Expect runaround from S...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Chef cooktop knobs break/crack due to bad design and quality. Expect runaround from S...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userSwXcIHuaTy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem can someone help . The serial number is nx58h5650ws

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION