JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to force installation of latest firmware Combo Oven (NQ70M7770DS)?

(Topic created: 02-07-2021 12:19 PM)
userPGiQlf4j8P
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi all,

This morning our new Samsung Combo Wall Oven (NQ70M7770DS) was installed. All is well, except that I can't prevent the clock from disappearing after the timeout period. From my research, this is a well known issue and an often-requested feature. For example, it is discussed here at length: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Clock-doesn-t-work-Dual-Wall-Oven-TIMES-O...

A post around Page 9 says that Samsung have finally released a new version of the firmware that fixes this issue, which is great news! The bad news is that I can't seem to install the latest version on my oven, which was manufactured in June 2019. When I go to Settings > About device, the software version information I have is TIZEN 2.3.0 (COMBIOVEN.PPOCF.US.20181221.0223); the version I apparently need is TIZEN 2.3.0 (COMBIOVEN.PPOCF.US.20200221.0257). Note the different date code and build number: 20200221.0257 vs the 20181221.0223 that I currently have. The Software update tab says "Latest version software already installed" and the Update button is greyed out.

Can someone please tell me how I can get this (or a later) version of the firmware on to my NQ70M7770DS oven? The inability to have the clock permanently displayed strikes me a pretty major issue for such a high-end device, as our oven is the only clock in our kitchen and we very frequently refer to it for the time. Any ideas, @Samsung_Stephanie or others?

7 Replies
userM2P8E122oT
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue here. My model number is NW9300MD, and the version also says 20181221. 

0 Likes
userOJilW7RInx
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the exact same issue and can't get any support person to answer.  Were you ever able to find a resolution to this issue?

0 Likes
userpyAKWndNIh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue, same model (NV51K7770DS/AA).  Seems silly really.  Don't know that I've ever seen an oven without a perpetual clock.

What give Samsung, how do we turn off the time-out feature of the clock display?

userPGiQlf4j8P
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

See my post below.

0 Likes
userPGiQlf4j8P
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yup; see my post below.

0 Likes
userKpzC6Os7yN
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here, except that I have version 20201111.0221. Another annoying "feature" is that the main display will change from all of the pertinant settings information, like temperature and such, to "Upper / Lower light on". Why can't it just stay on the first screen? Also, I have to reboot the wifi connection to force the time to sync. Some mornings I'll go into the kitchen, look at the clock and go into full panic mode thinking I'm late for work! Don't even get me started on changing out the light bulbs inside the oven...

Solution
userPGiQlf4j8P
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

A quick update: a couple of days ago, I noticed that our oven was rebooting on its own accord. When it rebooted, the firmware had finally been upgraded to the latest version (20201111.0221), which contains the fix for this issue. Set Settings > Display > Timeout to "Aways on" and the clock will stay there, although it moves around a little to prevent burn-in.

If you're still on an older version that doesn't contain the fix, the workaround is to switch your oven to Demo mode when you've finished cooking. Just remember to switch Demo mode off again when you want to cook something! 🙂

PS: I never did find out how to force an upgrade. One just has to be patient, I guess...