Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Dishwasher #DW7933LRASR/AA "HEAVY" + "SMART AUTO" lights blinking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here are some steps that you can look into based on your description: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001363/

userj0muYyGdXz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've checked the drain (it drains) and the hose (not kinked), but my model (DMT400 Series) states the filter is self-cleaning and "cleaning the filter is a thing of the past."  So what's next?  The tub eventually drained, but the lights are still blinking.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For further assistance, please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userj0muYyGdXz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is it that I spent all this money on a high dollar Samsung dishwasher that advertises "there is no filter that requires cleaning" and that "cleaning the filter is a thing of the past" only to be told that the over-fill problem that I and others are having is due to food debris clogging the sensors?  Wouldn't a filter prevent that?  My cheap Sears Kenmore bare bones dishwasher at the office runs like a champ without all the bells and whistles, but WORKS!  Guess I know what to do next time.  Here's a bit of advise Samsung, PUT THE FILTER BACK IN THE DISHWASHER!

userUPgxoNZwzv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I face this problem fairly often. In the past I dismantled my Samsung Dishwasher and mainually cleaned the overfill proble and contianer. The best I can determine this problem is caused by oil and grease getting into the sensor unit. I found a solution that works for me that does not require dismantling the dishwasher. Pour hot water from the sink into the bottom of the dishwasher then add about about a pint or so of Liquid Plumber. I stir up the mixture then start the diswasher cycle. The first thing the dishwasher does is to drain the bottom of the dishwasher containing the Liquid Plumber hot Water Mixture. I have followed this procedure 3 times now and each time the problem is fixed until the next time. 

userRXB4tKJbne
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with the smart auto and the heavy blinking is there something I can do??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRXB4tKJbne This is an over-level water error. Please check for any leaks and ensure that the unit is draining properly. 

userwSr5DhvpF1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had parts replaced and the complete mother board replaced for the same issue of the over-level water error.  Is there a recall or what is Samsung doing to get this issue fixed?  Luckily, we have a home warranty but 3 times of service fees and the dishwasher being out of use for a month each time to wait for the part is a huge inconvenience.  We also have all Samsung applicances and this is very disappointing.

user9oQV54oqDW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you replaced the case break DD82-01111A

It is located on the left side of the dishwasher.

jonesch70
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the exact same problem over and over again on mine and i can,t afford to keep paying more in repairs than the dishwasher even cost. please let me know if anyone can tell you what,s

the problem with these dishwashers. less than a year old and it,s about to fine it,s way to the dump!