Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Dishwasher #DW7933LRASR/AA "HEAVY" + "SMART AUTO" lights blinking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have followed up with you there.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user2nGFiYbYQe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently encountered the same issue several times where the "HEAVY" + "SMART AUTO" lights are blinking at the model DW7933LRAS. 

You guys need to take serious about this flaw and figure out a solution for all the buyers. 

Let me know who I should contact with.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user2nGFiYbYQe: this concern would require service. To get a repair set up, you can message us here:  http://m.me/samsungsupport. Thank you! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPfQzBD6fzA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. We found that some small 1/2" dia pieces of plastic that broke off a utensil we washed went through the large "screen" holes at the bottom of the tub & got caught in the drain hose heading toward the plumbing pipes.  After comparing the dishwasher with others we think these holes are larger than their competitors.

user6TZOCEobQH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just started having this issue yesterday and no longer works.

This is absolutely absurd. You would think with this many people having THE SAME ISSUE that Samsung would recall and replace the item or pay for the repair. Unfortunately, I believe mine is out of warranty.

Is there anyone we can report this to? Better Business Bureau, maybe?

userhFi7izpTdJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem! What was the miracle repair that they need it to tell it to you in private? Please?

userLvGiJRnp2G
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just installed a nrw washer same model and stop the cycle in the middle by opening the door. Auto and heavy light cycles kept blinking. After few hour troubleshooting and reading manual, i scooped the water out to a level i can't get anything out, the washer went back to normal. Resolution to this problem, scoop water out,

Thanks

Nurudeen

userz26ZtDKY9h
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fix was very easy for this. inside under the plastic contraption on the bottom, there is a little rubber check valve. This came loose and went into one of the pipes and plugged it, stopping the dishwasher from sensing the water level in the machine. I pulled the dishwasher out, got access to this hose, blew through it with my mouth, and it blew the valve back into the dishwasher. So I was able to reinstall the valve. Put everything back together and it is working fine again. See my pictures for the valve and where to blow through the hose. I got this information from watching youtube video's showing this fix.

userbcJCl5i7Yf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same exact issue repeatedly with our Samsung dishwasher. This is easily the worst Appliance we have ever owned. Within 3 months of us buying it we had to have what they refer to as the motherboard completely replaced. Since then we have had it serviced four times for the same exact issue. Now it is happening again and I'm about to have my husband just go buy us a cheap dishwasher that will actually wash dishes. Samsung should stick to TVs and phones because their home appliance game sucks

userK9RVkIic2C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have solved this problem by re-engineering the float in the water level sensor. Our dishwasher has now worked flawlessly for months -- far longer than ever before. If you are comfortable taking the water level sensor apart, please try this. I think it will work in general for water fill problems. Of course you may have other problems, but if your issue is related to the water level sensor, it might fix yours, too.

I diagnosed the problem as insufficient buoyancy in the float to overcome any resistance due to grease buildup, food debris, mildew, mechanical wear, etc. So I added buoyancy by inserting a small block of styrofoam into the float, protruding about 1/4" below the float. Please see attached picture. This has worked perfectly so far. If it fails again in the future, I would increase buoyancy even more by adding to the styrofoam. I simply cut the styrofoam a little thicker than the float chamber so it would press-fit securely. No need for glue.

Please post your experience with this fix!