Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user6UmngSqHuO
Asteroid

Samsung Dishwasher DW80J7550UG Whining Noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dishwasher is only 18 months old, so is now out of warranty. This sound occurs at cycle start up, the goes away after about 1 minute. It then reoccurs about 2-3 more times throughout the cycle. This video is taken from the base of the unit at the bottom of the door. Sounds like it is coming from the base area where the pump would be, but I can't be certain. Any thoughts on what this is and what part may need to be replaced? Thanks.

https://youtu.be/P64lC7HJ55E

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user6UmngSqHuO
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Dishwasher DW80J7550UG Whining Noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick reply. I just removed the drain filter assembly components and did find a toothpick that somehow made its way through down to the drain port. Quickly tested it by starting a new cycle and did not hear the sound. Will give a full cycle a try tonight to validate.

EDIT: CONFIRMED, THIS FIXED THE ISSUE. THE TOOTHPICK MUST HAVE BEEN BLOCKING THE MECANISM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DRAIN.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a look through. It should help.

user6UmngSqHuO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick reply. I just removed the drain filter assembly components and did find a toothpick that somehow made its way through down to the drain port. Quickly tested it by starting a new cycle and did not hear the sound. Will give a full cycle a try tonight to validate.

EDIT: CONFIRMED, THIS FIXED THE ISSUE. THE TOOTHPICK MUST HAVE BEEN BLOCKING THE MECANISM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DRAIN.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! Please keep us posted.

user6UmngSqHuO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yep, worked great so I'm all set, Thanks again for the help.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for posting!

user2RB0DUvAGA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem and tried to watch video and go through link but cant see anything 

In essence i have a new dishwasher and it makes a whining sound when water is filling 

Then it goes away until the water starts again 

Can someone help 

pabmarc@gmail.com 

Paul 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2RB0DUvAGA, for assistance with this concern, please send us a private message to the link with your model number and the serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.