JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Dishwasher DW80K7050UG not starting

(Topic created on: 1/3/21 7:50 AM)
userp4rN1pndCL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm having an issue with my dishwasher which I've had close to a year and a half where it just doesn't start. I have done all the tests that I found online and on this website and nothing works. Everything is working as far as the power/buttons go. I can run a test cycle and get no error codes. The only code I recieved is OT which means the washer is "in good working order".  Try and start any cycle and just get nothing. 

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, how did you fix it? Really frustrating!!!! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Check out these troubleshooting steps :) 

1. Check the door latch.

If the door or latch is damaged, it could prevent the dishwasher from closing. When the dishwasher detects the door is open, it will not start.

2. See if Child Lock is on.

If the buttons are not responding, there's a good chance Child Lock is on.

3. Look for Delay Start.

If you are trying to wash dishes right away, you'll want to make sure Delay Start isn't selected. This sets the dishwasher to wait until the set time has passed before starting.

4. Check for an error code or blinking lights.

On some models, blinking lights indicate an error code. The dishwasher may be indicating it cannot start because of an error. See either the blinking lights or error code guide for correct troubleshooting steps.

5. Press, but do not hold, the Start button.

When Start is held for more than 3 seconds, the cycle is cancelled and the dishwasher drains. If this happens, a blinking 1 will be on the display. If you see this, press Start to resume the cycle.

6. Reset the circuit breaker.

Go to the circuit breaker in your home, and turn off the circuit your dishwasher is on. After 30 seconds, restore power, and then try to run another cycle.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent by visiting any mod's profile. http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Check out these troubleshooting steps :) 

1. Check the door latch.

If the door or latch is damaged, it could prevent the dishwasher from closing. When the dishwasher detects the door is open, it will not start.

2. See if Child Lock is on.

If the buttons are not responding, there's a good chance Child Lock is on.

3. Look for Delay Start.

If you are trying to wash dishes right away, you'll want to make sure Delay Start isn't selected. This sets the dishwasher to wait until the set time has passed before starting.

4. Check for an error code or blinking lights.

On some models, blinking lights indicate an error code. The dishwasher may be indicating it cannot start because of an error. See either the blinking lights or error code guide for correct troubleshooting steps.

5. Press, but do not hold, the Start button.

When Start is held for more than 3 seconds, the cycle is cancelled and the dishwasher drains. If this happens, a blinking 1 will be on the display. If you see this, press Start to resume the cycle.

6. Reset the circuit breaker.

Go to the circuit breaker in your home, and turn off the circuit your dishwasher is on. After 30 seconds, restore power, and then try to run another cycle.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent by visiting any mod's profile. http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userp4rN1pndCL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This was not a solution. I have swapped out the door latch and the control panel and still no fix. I didn't reply due to not having done taking these steps. I believe this is a defective product.

0 Likes