Original topic:

Samsung Does Not Stand Behind It's Products!!!!!

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 02:19 PM)
userrb3amkNotC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased a Samsung microwave (Model #ME16K300AS) along with a Samsung oven through Best Buy in February of this year. The handle doesn't have a trigger or a button to open open the door but relies on friction or muscle power to open and close the door.  In June the bottom of the handle broke away from the door under normal use and frankly we don't even use the microwave that often.  Looking a it the handle is a flimsy plastic that is **bleep** in at the top and secured at the bottom by being molded into the door.  I tried gluing it back with a glue suitable for plastics but eventually the glue gave way.  I've contacted Samsung serval times and I always get the run around. Excuses stem from "we don't have a service provider in your area", "you broke it" (even though I can prove I didn't), "It's cosmetic, therefore it's not cover under the warranty" and my favorite "You have to contact Best Buy for the warranty".  I've offered to send pictures but they won't allow me to. I've offered to have them just send parts so I can fix it, they won't. You know why? Because according to Samsung this voids the warranty that they won't stand behind in the 1st place.  Now I literally own a Samsung refrigerator, oven/stove, LG dishwasher and now my 4th Galaxy phone. And after my interaction with Samsung I'm regretting every single one of those purchases and will never buy a Samsung or LG product again.  Let this be a WARNING, DO NOT PURCHASE SAMSUNG OR LG PRODUCTS THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL!!!!!!!!!

2 Replies
Nodoubt01
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Unfortunately Samsung has a lawsuit on their refrigerators and some Smartphones. See if there are any recalls or issues in the judicial arena on stoves or microwaves.
0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
We have a 3 year old microwave did same thing. Handle broke I glued it twice. Finally just ordered another handle. $50 for plastic. This time I filled the empty space in handle with caulk to make it more solid and not brake.
0 Likes