cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAMG
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Family Hub 2.0 different models / versions and software ... when can we expect updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi At Samsung

so I when to Lowes a few days ago and compared my  RF*K* model versus the RF*M* model and noticed that on the M model it has more apps than what I have on the K model. I  upgraded my K model but this upgrade DO NOT provide the extra apps as seen on the M model. Attached are screen shot of the M model and  my K model.

I want to know when  Samsung is going to upgrade as promised in the past few CES shows the existing software of older models of the fridge to what is available to day on the M models. ?

This is unacceptable that an upgrade of the family hub 2.0 software on older models does not bring in the new apps , like spotify , ring etc .. . Take a look and compare the significant different. per the attached screen shot.s.

The Hardware on both the K model and the M model are identical , per specs and details provided on line and per the manual.

if this is not going to be fixed, why would anyone by the same hardware if it is not going to be updated in the future ..

another example is bixby ... on the k model the wake up word is not changeable  and it is not "bixby" ... beleive other models do have this ...IMG_6395.JPGM ModelIMG_6396.JPGM ModelIMG_6397.JPGM ModelIMG_6404.JPGK ModelIMG_6405.JPGK Model

I am hoping Samsung  realises that a fridge like this is a significant investment and I would like a response as soon as possible on when this will be rectified.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Samsung Family Hub 2.0 different models / versions and software ... when can we expect updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, we are unable to speculate on any future updates.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
userAMG
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Family Hub 2.0 different models / versions and software ... when can we expect updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any updates ?

jaycbax
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I agree! Spent a lot of money on this fridge , and you guys promised updates to us, we deserve the same update!!  
allen42
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to respond ASAP to this.

I have a fridge model RF28K9580S and I want this updated to the latest Tizen.

There is absolutely NO REASON that our fridge's cannot have the software updates.

userAMG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree. 

So so how do we get support from Samsung to get this going ? 

allen42
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well if they don't reply soon or offer a solution then I plan to take it up with Best Buy. I purchased the extended warranty plan on this unit and will return it if Samsung doesn't plan to update.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, we are unable to speculate on any future updates.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userAMG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So how do we get the new apps on a older model fridge that has the same hardware ? 

samsung ? 

userAMG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do I ha e to upgrade my fridge like I do my cell phone ? 

userzUjk1XKOG6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this a solution?  When will we get an update?