cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Freezer door handle repair

Lastt year our flex drawer handle broken and instead of being able to just replace a cheap plastic part I had to spend $300 to replace the whole drawer.  Now the freezer handle came off same issue plastic piece behind handle has broken.  Waiting to hear back from Samsung, but I'm going to loose my mind if I have to buy the whole freezer to replace. $5 part.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  Seems like this is a big issue.  I have an extended warranty but was told last year that it wasn't covered.  What a lousy design. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Freezer door handle repair

Same issue here. Wondering if you found a solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Tim

Highlighted
Constellation

After a lot of phone calls I was able to get them to cover it under my extended warranty.  The whole front had to be replaced.  Stupid design if I may say so.

Same issue here. Wondering if you found a solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Tim

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue, bought an extended warrenty from Lowes and am told the door handle is cosmetic! And therefore not covered. At the cost of these Samsung French door Refrigerator Freezers, People should get together and make a class action suit against the company for the cheap plastic they use on weight bearing door handles and the ice cube maker is another cheap piece of plastic garbage that broke I never saw such cheap junk at a high cost. The plastic is as thin as plastic plates and quite fragile, never saw such junk

Highlighted
Astronaut

Bought the extended warranty as well. Now up to SIX of these that have broken in normal use. All over a bracket that should have been in stamped metal for $2 rather than PLASTIC. A company builds these overall well-made and reliable fridges, then cheaps out on the parts that get the most wear. Uncool. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Did anyone find a solution?  Ours is an 08 Flex so handles stick out and the tenant snapped it off and we are trying to sell the house, great!!!!  Just emailed them but not expecting much after reading this!!