cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung French Door REF series refrigerators making grinding sounds and freezing up - SOLUTION!

If you are having constant issues with your Samsung Fridge making grinding sounds and then freezing up about once a month and having to be manually defrosted, please watch my video for a permanent FIX!!!

This is a video to show you how to fix your Samsung "SamDUNG" refrigerator freeze up issue. If your fridge is freezing up approximately every 3 weeks to a mo...
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung French Door REF series refrigerators making grinding sounds and freezing up - SOLUTION!

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung French Door REF series refrigerators making grinding sounds and freezing up - SOLUTION!

well I have the solution, I made a youtube video on how to fix it. This is a 2014 model fridge. I made this post to help other people save money and not have to go out and purchase a new fridge. The model number is RF28HFEDBSR. There are TONS of threads and youtube videos out there for fridges like this, not even the same model, but all similar design, that are having freeze up issues in the refrigerator part. None of those solutions are permanent fixes (raising the front legs, moving the defrost sensor, only installing the aftermarket drain pain upgrade, etc.). 

The issue is the condensor cover insulation that comes factory from Samsung is poorly made and will deteriorate over time which causes air to leak into the condensor section which causes ice buildup. More than the defrost system is designed to handle. So Please watch my video if you want to save yourself 2-3K from the purchase of a new fridge. I promise, it works!

Highlighted
Astronaut

My refrigerator was freezing up the evap like most . I'm in auto repair and also work on air conditioners . I wraped the lines coming in before the evaperator with a sticky material we use called tar cork tape then kI was going to put light foam around the sealing surface but elected to purchase a new front evap cover. It came with foam around it as my thought was air from outside getting to coils full of moisture and freezing. Had to defrost it every month like clock work .Been 3 months now with no issues . Cost of cover was 135.00 well worth it so far . Hope this helps .