cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsung
Asteroid

Samsung French door refrigerator dead after 6 months

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been almost 2&1/2 months since my refrigerator stopped to cool amd completely useless. I called the Samsung service center number inside refrigerator but got no help. Spent hours calling the number but they rendered no help. Finally Lowes, where I purchased the refrigerator, contacted Samsung and someone came out to check the refrigerator after 1 month. Now over 2 months after I still don't have a working refrigerator. I also asked a female who answered the call at the North ( or South) Carolina service center if Samsung can reimburse the money I lost from all the food that went bad due to the refrigerator stop working. She started to yell. She was the bitchest person to talk to ever. She apparently represents Samsung service standard based on my experience of calling them to get help.

The bottom line is that samsung has told me that they can not issue a Return Authorization number to return their defected product because I haven't suffered enough due to this 7 months old refrigerator breaking. I am exhausted from talking to them to get it fixed or to returning which is my preference at this point 

Someone should sue samsung for selling defected products and for their worst ever customer service.  Looks like many people have had or having problems with Samsung French door refrigerators.  They seem to be very bad quality products according to others who are having issues with Samsung refrigerator.   I will never buy another Samsung product after this ordeal.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
samsung
Asteroid

Re: Samsung French door refrigerator dead after 6 months

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

I could believe that.  This is 11th week without a refrigerator and the service people called yet again to reschedule the today's appointment.  I called Lowe's to ask to return the refrigerator to Samsung explaining the situation.  On 8th weeks Lowe's told me that they wouldn't be able to request for a return authorization since it has not been long enough since they have failed to fix it.  Lowe's said they can not gaurantee whether Samsung will issue an RA number but will have to wait one full week.  Today is May 25th so they may hear from Samsung on June 1st, 2016.

When I asked how long it typically take Samsung to fix their appliances, they told me that Samung does not give themselves a deadline and it could take an indefinately untill the warranty runs out.

So, how do people with faulty Samsung products and service experiences pursue a lawsut.  Most of us don't have a bandwidth for this already added hassle and the financial means as Samsung does.  Looks like it is cheaper for Samsung to sell defected products and forget about any of us buying any Samsung product than to do any kind of a quality control in the first place.

I would like to be a part of finding a way to stop their fraudulent business behavior and get out money and life back.

Do you have an idea how to or anyone would like to do something?  Has anyone spoke to Michael Finnley at Channel 7 On Your Side?

34 REPLIES 34
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. The limited, manufacturer’s warranty offers twelve months of service. Unless deemed not repairable, the refrigerator would not qualify for a return authorization.

May I please have you confirm the service order number, beginning with 413? Thank you.   

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

samsung
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you kidding me? I sent the refrigerator S/N and the model number which Samsung service center keeps asking which what you can base to follow what has been happening. I have replied to your email in the last email you sent but you didn't do anything to resolve the issues.

Am I frustrated you say? Wouldn't you? This has been 12th week since I have talked to Samsung fix the the defected refrigerator. I have been incurring so much food bill not to mention the two freezer full of food that got spoiled.

you as a moderator is NOT doing anything but just sending a reply just to make it looks like you are doing something fir customers.

Thsy is right in August 16thbof this year the one year manufacturers warranty would expire and cheap dirty Samsung is waiting for that to expire so that you don't do anything but take people's money selling nasty defeated products. And making money on people's expense.  All the Samsung customer service people are doing minimum just to hold on to their jobs and doing nothing for the company either.

Samsung has proven one thing though. You have the WORST and NASTIEST of all the customer service ever one could find in anywhere in the world.

Ince again I mention this is the 10th weeks since I ask Samsung to fix their redacted product. After 6 service visits, including the one I had to send back because they didn't have all the parts to fix my refrigerator to waste more of my time from work, no one has fixed the useles refrigerator. You should either replace the machine to something they will last the way refrigerator meant to be, give my money back, and compensate for my losses and the extra expenses incurred due to your bad product and also to compensate for all the Samsung service center harassment I had to tolerate for 10 weeks. 

userfxpywpKzaJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, my 2 year old fridge broke down 2 months ago. It was deemed irreparable by Samsung authorized technician. I was told to send receipts for my fridge and that I would receive a refund. Now it's been a month since I sent my receipts, I keep calling every other day and I'm told to call back in 24-48 hrs. I am so frustrated, no one can give me any update, it feels like this is Samsung's strategy to just have customers stop calling them and never issue a refund. They promise that someone from Returns department will call me but no one does, when I ask to get transferred to Returns department I'm told it's against their policy. Basically looking for a way to sue them, anyone can suggest next steps? They don't stand by their products and have terrible customer service. They can't continue to charge people over $3,000 for a fridge and get away with not repairing it when it's still under warranty. My ticket: 5118179958 or 4143690120 ( they keep closing down my tickets counting on me giving up and forgetting about my broken $3k fridge in the middle of my kitchen). 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userfxpywpKzaJ mind shooting me a private message so I can have our management team look into this for you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userfxpywpKzaJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please escalate it to your management. My ticket number is 4143690120. A call back from your Returns department would be highly appreciated as well. Thank you

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning! My name is Amanda, and I supervise the escalations of the Samsung Community Team.

I emailed Samsung Corporate, and I will follow up with their response. Please stay tuned.

userfxpywpKzaJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Amanda,

thank you you for the update. I received a private message where I was asked to confirm my email. I did that and no response again. Could you please assist? Thank you!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Mariya! I don't see a private message for you. Would you mind sending that to me, please? 

DisgruntledInCT
Constellation

Its now been about a year since I first posted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

that my Mom's Samsung fridge died after two years service.  My mom is in her seventies.  Three years ago she was finally able to make the kitchen upgrades she has been dreaming of for 20 years.  When her fridge failed, I called, wrote and chatted with customer service only to hear crickets on the other end of the line.  

We had to pay to have a tech come out and look at it.  Here's what we were told by the Samsung authorized technician that inspected it: The compressors in the Samsung fridges are controlled by a circuit card.  It seems that using electronics allows Samsung to cut costs (and allegedly electricty).  The issue is that one of the chips has been malfuntioning causing the card to fail at a higher then expected rate.  The result is that the compressors run until the system freezes.  The cycle of repeated freezing causes the seals on the compressors to prematurely fail.  Once that happens the fridge is not worth reparing.  It appears that Samsung has known about the problem for a while.  Have they issued a recall or informed consumers about the cards?  If they have I have not been able to find any information.  So then you ask yourself why wouldn't they offer to replace the card to save the fridge?  Because if they were to acknowledge that there is a problem they have to replace every card, not just those of the people that call to complain, as well as any damaged appliances.

This begs the question, "is Samsung doing everything it can to build customer loyalty or are they trying to run out the clock?"  Its too easy for a large company to hide behind the law.  Technically the warranty period is 12 months, unless you buy insurance.  -- You shouldn't have to pay an additional premium (insurance) on top of a premium price just to gaurantee that you get the value that you are already paying for! -- However, when you buy an upscale product, the expectation is that the product will last longer and provide a better value than a comparable low-end product.  Low-end, $750, fridges last about ten years.  You would think a $2,500 fridge would last at least that long.   

It's sad when a $180 billion companies take advantage of consumers like my mom with impunity.You would think that customer service would make a jesture to restore the company's reputation.  Nay, nay.  When you call customer service you get the run-around for hours at a pop and months on end.  My advice, until Samsumg takes ownership of the problem, don't buy their paperweights.  Because at the end of two years that is all you will have purchased.

Its probably time to call the class action attorneys.