cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOdtvmsZhkK
Astronaut

Re: Samsung French door refrigerator dead after 6 months

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't bother with service. Samsung called  authorized service  provider and they gave me the diagnostics sheet with labor and parts. Two weeks after repairs and close to $300 in costs, same problem comes back. Water collecting in produce drawers, mold, funny smell. After I contacted them again to report this, Samsung  told me the refrigerator is over 12 months old (it's 2 years old!!!) and they can't help me at this point 

userCbNm4SBDX8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a model RF24SEDBSR/AA and keep getting ice on the coils behind the center panel whicheventually gets large enoug to impede the fan turnung. At that poit I start getting progressively louder noises and lower temperatures. Freezer works fine and ice maching work fior the most part. I have read about this with a lot of customers but have not been able to find a class action lawsuit ...I guess the next move is to find out how to go about getting one up and going. I am in total agreement...when someone spends over 3k on a product like this that is represented as being far enough up the line to be worth the 3k...it should perform like a 3k machine. This is a piece of junk. Either the misrepresentation was unintentional, in which Case Samsung should be reaching out to make this right...or Samsung knows about the issue but doesn't give a **bleep** about thier customers. Since they are not reaching out to correct the diservice they have done to thier customers...it's pretty clear that they don't give a **bleep**. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userCbNm4SBDX8 - I am so sorry you feel this way. If I can be of any assistance, please send me a private message, providing the refrigerator's serial number. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercFBBxpuBqI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Amanda. I have also called Samsung about my refrigerator. It is still under warranty for certain parts but I called months ago and I was told there are no repairman in my area. It was suggested that I have a repairman in my area fix your refrigerator and then send the bill to Samsung. I have contacted several repairman in my area and they do not feel comfortable doing this. Maybe if Samsung would contact them or they could call Samsung and get some type of confirmation that they will be paid, they would be willing to do this. I am still paying on this refrigerator that I purchased from Lowe's. I am not in the position to pay for a repairman out of my own pocket. On three occasions, my refrigerator stopped working and I had to throw away all my food that would have spoiled. I have thrown out probably over $1,000 to $2,000 worth of food. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. The worst part of this is I am immunosuppressed. This is a dangerous situation for healthy people. This problem with my refrigerator could have caused me very serious health complications if not killed me. Please get back to me ASAP. I had to borrow a small refrigerator from my mother. My refrigerator has not been used for the past six months. Hopefully this situation can be resolved quickly. I am very disappointed with the customer service that I have received, or should I say they didn't receive. I always thought that Samsung was a respectable company who would stand behind their products but apparently I was wrong.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usercFBBxpuBqI, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

uservoWUpQR5BE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please put made in China on all your products because as a Korean I am embarrassed to see a Korean company releasing garbage like this. Fridge is a piece of garbage 

userTy2TBOcdgA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue, it is worst customer service ever, someone should take the lead for class action about Samsung.

jaybirdc7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

People do not want the hassle of a class action suit but that is an option to hold Samsung accountable.  Too many people are having problems with their appliances especially refrigerators. The repair person who came out advised against buying a Samsung refrigerators.  He said almost all of his service calls were for this brand.

samsung
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

I could believe that.  This is 11th week without a refrigerator and the service people called yet again to reschedule the today's appointment.  I called Lowe's to ask to return the refrigerator to Samsung explaining the situation.  On 8th weeks Lowe's told me that they wouldn't be able to request for a return authorization since it has not been long enough since they have failed to fix it.  Lowe's said they can not gaurantee whether Samsung will issue an RA number but will have to wait one full week.  Today is May 25th so they may hear from Samsung on June 1st, 2016.

When I asked how long it typically take Samsung to fix their appliances, they told me that Samung does not give themselves a deadline and it could take an indefinately untill the warranty runs out.

So, how do people with faulty Samsung products and service experiences pursue a lawsut.  Most of us don't have a bandwidth for this already added hassle and the financial means as Samsung does.  Looks like it is cheaper for Samsung to sell defected products and forget about any of us buying any Samsung product than to do any kind of a quality control in the first place.

I would like to be a part of finding a way to stop their fraudulent business behavior and get out money and life back.

Do you have an idea how to or anyone would like to do something?  Has anyone spoke to Michael Finnley at Channel 7 On Your Side?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guy,

I understand you are upset but we will need some information from you to be able to review your issue. If you do not have a transaction number, you can send us the model and serial number to us here. smsupport@sea.samsung.com . I look forward to hearing from you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.