Original topic:

Samsung Fridge ice buildup problems

(Topic created on: 12/30/20 6:55 PM)
user8LVqquQgUP
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having a problem with my fan making a loud noise in my Samsung fridge. It builds up the ice inside the fridge and after few days it will stop cooling the contents of the fridge. On checking some online resources,  multiple users have complained about this issues and it looks like this is due to an ice build up issue.  I tried using the defrost option for 5 to 6 hours. Then it will start defrosting and we see big lumps and sheets of ice inside the fridge. We take out all the contents and clean up. This is going on periodically. It is so frustrating that this became a routine now. It became a chore for every 2 weeks. The temp sensitive stuff and food are impacted so much.

Is this is a known product issue? Can Samsung has any suggestion on this? Is this we need to follow the life long of the fridge?  It is so pathetic that Samsung did not address this menace. I stronlgy recommend that the technical expertise team addresses this. Moving ahead.., I will exclude Samsung applicances in my list.

Thanks and regards
Karunakar

0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I had this problem with my French door fridge. I called a local authorized repair place and they replaced the fan unit and added a part that supposedly prevents the ice build-up been almost a year and no recurrence
0 Likes
userunbcmshTgJ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Any idea on what added part they put in?

@realaud wrote:
I had this problem with my French door fridge. I called a local authorized repair place and they replaced the fan unit and added a part that supposedly prevents the ice build-up been almost a year and no recurrence

0 Likes
realaud
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I really don't know if it had a name or part nbr, or if it was even an official sansung part. it did look like it had wiring and connected to something, but it actually just looked like a sheet of Styrofoam wrapped on foil placed between the bak wall an the cover. like an extra piece of insulation. the invoice says they replaced the thermistor, heating probe, new drain line snd extra insulation
0 Likes