cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userh4qU6aY0BY
Constellation

Samsung Microwave ME21M706BAS keeps inputing a 7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen the other thread on this, but it wouldn't allow me to post there.  I'm having this same issue with the ME21M706BAS.  periodically throughout the day i walk past the microwave to find 7 seconds left on the timer.  As in other threads, I've reset the breaker to try to fix this, without any luck.  How can i get this fixed?

Here is the other thread.  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Over-the-range-microwave-oven-inputs-7-by...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Microwave ME21M706BAS keeps inputing a 7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just follow the steps in the accepted solution for that thread and we'd be happy to help. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just follow the steps in the accepted solution for that thread and we'd be happy to help. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userh4qU6aY0BY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would send a PM to SamsungJam, is that the correct person?  

thanks.

userB4gzmThN2c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with model#ME21M706BAS which I purchased at Best Buy about a year ago.  I have tried turning the breaker off and waiting 2 minutes without any improvement.  This is really making me mad, it is now waking me up from my nap and in the middle of the night.  Can I get any other options to try?

@userh4qU6aY0BY wrote:

I've seen the other thread on this, but it wouldn't allow me to post there.  I'm having this same issue with the ME21M706BAS.  periodically throughout the day i walk past the microwave to find 7 seconds left on the timer.  As in other threads, I've reset the breaker to try to fix this, without any luck.  How can i get this fixed?

Here is the other thread.  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Over-the-range-microwave-oven-inputs-7-by...

user3LhzYzvnBa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I bought this microwave November of 2017. Samsung - Model ME21M706BAS. For the last month my microwave has been inputing numbers on its own. Its usually a 3 or a 7. Also, the vent turns on by itself. Its quite scary also because when it turns on, it turns on full blast vent. I'm afraid that the microwave is going to turn on, on its own one day.

I have tried cutting the power and unplugging. It did not fix.

There should be a recall on this. Seems to be a lot of people with this same issue.

userDPYqLoIIyR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3LhzYzvnBa wrote:

I am having the same issue. I bought this microwave November of 2017. Samsung - Model ME21M706BAS. For the last month my microwave has been inputing numbers on its own. Its usually a 3 or a 7. Also, the vent turns on by itself. Its quite scary also because when it turns on, it turns on full blast vent. I'm afraid that the microwave is going to turn on, on its own one day.

I have tried cutting the power and unplugging. It did not fix.

There should be a recall on this. Seems to be a lot of people with this same issue.

userAfE8fZwAPS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doing a tear down of my kitchen I replaced EVERYTHING with Samsung, what a mistake. Every appliance had some issue and fixing Samsung fights alll the way in standing behind their product. I have mentioned the described problem to Samsung in the past and now since they amit to a problem, there is now a cost to me in fixing. Amost to a point of costing more then the value of the micowave.

My kitchen is beautiful and the appliances look great, but I always tell people to not buy Samsung. 

I am at a point of fixing this problem myself. Does anyone know the process and what parts I will need to fix the microwave 7 problem? If it means to take the front pannel off and replace a board I am ready to try it.

Thank you 

Bob