cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Microwave ME21M706BAS keeps inputing a 7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen the other thread on this, but it wouldn't allow me to post there.  I'm having this same issue with the ME21M706BAS.  periodically throughout the day i walk past the microwave to find 7 seconds left on the timer.  As in other threads, I've reset the breaker to try to fix this, without any luck.  How can i get this fixed?

Here is the other thread.  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Over-the-range-microwave-oven-inputs-7-by...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Microwave ME21M706BAS keeps inputing a 7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just follow the steps in the accepted solution for that thread and we'd be happy to help. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just follow the steps in the accepted solution for that thread and we'd be happy to help. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would send a PM to SamsungJam, is that the correct person?  

thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with model#ME21M706BAS which I purchased at Best Buy about a year ago.  I have tried turning the breaker off and waiting 2 minutes without any improvement.  This is really making me mad, it is now waking me up from my nap and in the middle of the night.  Can I get any other options to try?

@userh4qU6aY0BY wrote:

I've seen the other thread on this, but it wouldn't allow me to post there.  I'm having this same issue with the ME21M706BAS.  periodically throughout the day i walk past the microwave to find 7 seconds left on the timer.  As in other threads, I've reset the breaker to try to fix this, without any luck.  How can i get this fixed?

Here is the other thread.  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Over-the-range-microwave-oven-inputs-7-by...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my Microwave purchased in 2016 Model# ME21K7010DG, also purchased at Best Buy, aka Pacific Sales. I had nothing but trouble with all my Samsung appliances I bought there. The whole Suite had at least one or more issues. This Microwave has been turning itself on since I bought it and I have fought with Samsung to fix the issues. Back in 2017 they replaced the door and the Tech blamed it on a defective ground issue. But here we are in 2020 and the issue is back!!  Don't believe the Ground wire lie!!  That's to hold you over until the warranty plays out!! So here I am again back to the battlefield with Samsung, because of course, it's never their fault!  They want me to pay for this useless repair again in May 2020! I would throw it out and go with another brand, but it matches my other useless appliances that I paid a grand total of almost $5000.00 for back in Dec 2016, for this very pretty, but expensive junk!!  My old appliances worked better, they were just old!! The Dishwasher won't dry dishes and detergent door won't open! Racks are designed to not hold your dishes upright! I really hate this dishwasher! The Range stove top discolorated inside of the glass the very first time I used it, and they refused to fix it! They told me that I caused it by using it for the first time, and is a cosmetic issue! Guess I am just suppose to look at it and not use it for it's intended purpose! ...And it's only suppose to look good in their showroom! I also had an issue with the ice maker in Refrigerator, but it was replaced, but I still notice ice  water build up under the vegetable drawers! And a Microwave that turns on by itself and poses a potential Fire Hazard! My advice is to unplug this unit for your safety!! Samsung should be ashamed of themselves!

I have seen from the many posts that this issue affects many Microwaves over many years!! The problem will progress and eventually mine started cooking by itself, a clear fire hazard!!! This is a real defect that can cause people to lose their lives and property!  I repeat UNPLUG THIS UNIT!  I think the consumers need to get together and file a class action lawsuit gainst Samsung!! They are negligent, and they know that this issue has been happening for YEARS! 

IF anyone knows of an ongoing Class Action please let me know @ <HIDDEN> Please put Samsung Defect in Subject line.  I have ran across an Attorney who seems to have a class action against Samsung for Model SMH18165.  I am going to call to find out more since it seems Model#s doesn't matter with this issue! For anyone interested the name of the firm is Stefan <HIDDEN>.  Don't waste your money fixing this defective product. It will do it again and again!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my Microwave purchased in 2016 Model# ME21K7010DG, also purchased at Best Buy, aka Pacific Sales. I had nothing but trouble with all my Samsung appliances I bought there. The whole Suite had at least one or more issues. This Microwave has been turning itself on since I bought it and I have fought with Samsung to fix the issues. Back in 2017 they replaced the door and the Tech blamed it on a defective ground issue. But here we are in 2020 and the issue is back!!  Don't believe the Ground wire lie!!  That's to hold you over until the warranty plays out!! So here I am again back to the battlefield with Samsung, because of course, it's never their fault!  They want me to pay for this useless repair again in May 2020! I would throw it out and go with another brand, but it matches my other useless appliances that I paid a grand total of almost $5000.00 for back in Dec 2016, for this very pretty, but expensive junk!!  My old appliances worked better, they were just old!! The Dishwasher won't dry dishes and detergent door won't open! Racks are designed to not hold your dishes upright! I really hate this dishwasher! The Range stove top discolorated inside of the glass the very first time I used it, and they refused to fix it! They told me that I caused it by using it for the first time, and is a cosmetic issue! Guess I am just suppose to look at it and not use it for it's intended purpose! ...And it's only suppose to look good in their showroom! I also had an issue with the ice maker in Refrigerator, but it was replaced, but I still notice ice  water build up under the vegetable drawers! And a Microwave that turns on by itself and poses a potential Fire Hazard! My advice is to unplug this unit for your safety!! Samsung should be ashamed of themselves!

I have seen from the many posts that this issue affects many Microwaves over many years!! The problem will progress and eventually mine started cooking by itself, a clear fire hazard!!! This is a real defect that can cause people to lose their lives and property!  I repeat UNPLUG THIS UNIT!  I think the consumers need to get together and file a class action lawsuit gainst Samsung!! They are negligent, and they know that this issue has been happening for YEARS! 

IF anyone knows of an ongoing Class Action please let me know @<HIDDEN>. Please put Samsung Defect in Subject line.  I have ran across an Attorney who seems to have a class action against Samsung for Model SMH18165.  I am going to call to find out more since it seems Model#s doesn't matter with this issue! For anyone interested the name of the firm is Stefan<HIDDEN>.  Don't waste your money fixing this defective product. It will do it again and again!! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I bought this microwave November of 2017. Samsung - Model ME21M706BAS. For the last month my microwave has been inputing numbers on its own. Its usually a 3 or a 7. Also, the vent turns on by itself. Its quite scary also because when it turns on, it turns on full blast vent. I'm afraid that the microwave is going to turn on, on its own one day.

I have tried cutting the power and unplugging. It did not fix.

There should be a recall on this. Seems to be a lot of people with this same issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3LhzYzvnBa wrote:

I am having the same issue. I bought this microwave November of 2017. Samsung - Model ME21M706BAS. For the last month my microwave has been inputing numbers on its own. Its usually a 3 or a 7. Also, the vent turns on by itself. Its quite scary also because when it turns on, it turns on full blast vent. I'm afraid that the microwave is going to turn on, on its own one day.

I have tried cutting the power and unplugging. It did not fix.

There should be a recall on this. Seems to be a lot of people with this same issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doing a tear down of my kitchen I replaced EVERYTHING with Samsung, what a mistake. Every appliance had some issue and fixing Samsung fights alll the way in standing behind their product. I have mentioned the described problem to Samsung in the past and now since they amit to a problem, there is now a cost to me in fixing. Amost to a point of costing more then the value of the micowave.

My kitchen is beautiful and the appliances look great, but I always tell people to not buy Samsung. 

I am at a point of fixing this problem myself. Does anyone know the process and what parts I will need to fix the microwave 7 problem? If it means to take the front pannel off and replace a board I am ready to try it.

Thank you 

Bob

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Bob,

I feel you! 

I had the same issue with my Microwave purchased in 2016 Model# ME21K7010DG,  purchased at Best Buy, aka Pacific Sales. I had nothing but trouble with all my Samsung appliances I bought there. The whole Suite had at least one or more issues. This Microwave has been turning itself on since I bought it and I have fought with Samsung to fix the issues. Back in 2017 they replaced the door and the Tech blamed it on a defective ground issue. But here we are in 2020 and the issue is back!!  Don't believe the Ground wire lie!!  That's to hold you over until the warranty plays out!! So here I am again back to the battlefield with Samsung, because of course, it's never their fault!  They want me to pay for this useless repair again in May 2020! I would throw it out and go with another brand, but it matches my other useless appliances that I paid a grand total of almost $5000.00 for back in Dec 2016, for this very pretty, but expensive junk!!  My old appliances worked better, they were just old!! The Dishwasher won't dry dishes and detergent door won't open! Racks are designed to not hold your dishes upright! I really hate this dishwasher! The Range stove top discolorated inside of the glass the very first time I used it, and they refused to fix it! They told me that I caused it by using it for the first time, and is a cosmetic issue! Guess I am just suppose to look at it and not use it for it's intended purpose! ...And it's only suppose to look good in their showroom! I also had an issue with the ice maker in Refrigerator, but it was replaced, but I still notice ice  water build up under the vegetable drawers! And a Microwave that turns on by itself and poses a potential Fire Hazard! My advice is to unplug this unit for your safety!! Samsung should be ashamed of themselves!

IF anyone knows of an ongoing Class Action please let me know @ <HIDDEN>. Please put Samsung Defect in Subject line.  I have ran across an Attorney who seems to have a class action against Samsung for Model SMH18165.  I am going to call to find out more since it seems Model#s doesn't matter with this issue! For anyone interested the name of the firm is Stefan <HIDDEN>.  Don't waste your money fixing this defective product. It will do it again and again!!