Original topic:

Samsung Oven finish CRACKED after Self-Cleaning first time

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 6:03 AM)
Jujitsu1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung NE59M4320SS/AA oven that is 16 months old. After the holidays this year I decided to use the Self-Cleaning mode on the oven. I had never had a self-cleaning oven before so I made sure I read the manual. I followed all the direction and went on my way. When the self cleaning mode was finshed I opened the oven to clean out whatever debris was left and noticed  what looked like scratches on the bottom or the oven that were not there before. Upon closer inspection the finish on the bottom of the oven was CRACKED. I did some research online and found that the cracks are in the exact same shape as the heating element in the bottom of the oven. It is now out of warranty with Samsung and to make things worse the whole inside of the oven is 1 piece so I can't even replace it!? I also have been reading on other appliance help websites that other people are having similar issues.  I called a repairman and he said there is nothing they can do for it. If many people are experiencing this is Samsung doing anything about it? This is my second Samsung appliance to have an issue. My dishwasher broke before Thanksgiving and I am still waiting to get that resolved. I am very frustrated with my Samsung appliances so far.I figured I would come here for Help/Advice before I go posting on other Appliance Help sites. I have picuures too. PLEASE HELP ME CRACKED!!CRACKED!!After 1st Self CleaningAfter 1st Self CleaningSAMSUNG!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
KristiP
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I went searching for this as well. I self cleaned today and pretty sure I can a crack as well.
Kat9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am fighting with them now because mine overheated during self clean and caused the same kind of cracks on the bottom as well as melted the gasket around the door.  TERRIBLE fumes were emitted during the cycle that we associated with it being self cleaned for the first time.  These ranges should be on a recall after reading the numerous complaints on this website as well as on other social media sites, but instead Samsung is not taking responsibility.   I have seen pictures of 2 other situations where the people were not as lucky as myself and had fires in their kitchens.  I say Samsung should just be grateful that no one has died yet as a result of these defective products.